Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scorching Heat Dome Over Middle East: 165 F In Iran

Maybe God is giving ISIS and company a taste of hell!Man Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I remember back in the 197o's when environmentalists went bezerk and were in an alarm about the cloud seeding.  They just shouted it was wrong just to be mouthing off.  We develop technology and we make strides in learning things to make all our lives easier.  The cloud seeding back then was because it was a critical move due to a critical situation.  We didn't just roll over and whine and suffer. 

Well, they got the practice to stop and now where are we?  I don't know about a dome over So CA as I've lived here all my life.  We have warm to hot weather but that's natural for us especially now in the Summer months.

Don't know about Iran nor do I have much sympathy or concern for them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I remember back in the 197o's when environmentalists went bezerk and were in an alarm about the cloud seeding.  They just shouted it was wrong just to be mouthing off.  We develop technology and we make strides in learning things to make all our lives easier.  The cloud seeding back then was because it was a critical move due to a critical situation.  We didn't just roll over and whine and suffer. 

Well, they got the practice to stop and now where are we?  I don't know about a dome over So CA as I've lived here all my life.  We have warm to hot weather but that's natural for us especially now in the Summer months.

@thats too bad @loveroses because government aside, there are a lot of wonderful, smart, loving human beings in that country.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Susan Louise just posted a report on how hot it will be in America by 2100.

Those interested might want to check out that information:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Video-How-hot-will-it-be-in-2100/m-p/2012380#U2012380

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45,  ITA with your comment.  I'm not going to say more, but I bet you can read my mind.  I don't want this topic gone. It is important.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Maybe God is giving ISIS and company a taste of hell!Man Very Happy

I wondered who would be the first to say something this insensitive. There are millions of people and animals affected by this heat and all you can think about is an evil few?

I don't believe in any God who has the unfortunately human trait of vindictiveness.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi LR, well, I don't know how you've missed it.  In Northern CA we've been hearing about the pressure dome of heat for probably two years now.

It's cited as the reason we are having a drought.  Because of the high ridge of pressure, we aren't getting rain to any degree, it's being pushed to the East Cost. 

Rain cleans our air, and because there really is none to speak of up here, those of us with asthma and other breathing problems are in trouble, not to mention our agriculture is suffering.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

And everyone mocked AG when he warned of this not so long ago.

He also said Artic ice would be gone by 2013, and yet there are record amounts of the stuff.  Research ships are getting stuck, and some areas can't get in supplies.  There's well over 500,000 square miles more ice than expected.  

England is also going through a cold spell, and many say we're entering a mini ice age.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Susan Louise just posted a report on how hot it will be in America by 2100.

Those interested might want to check out that information:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Video-How-hot-will-it-be-in-2100/m-p/2012380#U2012380

Given that there are over 100 scandals about changing temps for studies, one just broke this week in fact, then they can't know squat.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi LR, well, I don't know how you've missed it.  In Northern CA we've been hearing about the pressure dome of heat for probably two years now.

It's cited as the reason we are having a drought.  Because of the high ridge of pressure, we aren't getting rain to any degree, it's being pushed to the East Cost. 

Rain cleans our air, and because there really is none to speak of up here, those of us with asthma and other breathing problems are in trouble, not to mention our agriculture is suffering.

The gov has done more to harm agriculture than anything else by refusing to send it to them.