Esteemed Contributor

SUspect arrested in stabbing death of two nuns

A 46 year old man has been arrested and charged with the murders.  The motive remains unclear.

Honored Contributor

Re: SUspect arrested in stabbing death of two nuns

@KathyPet wrote:

A 46 year old man has been arrested and charged with the murders.  The motive remains unclear.

@KathyPet

Heartbreaking --- just terrible.  It made me cry!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

This is such a sad story...what lovely ladies they were I can't imagine his motive for killing them....surely he didn't think they had money...nuns rarely have a lot of money....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Weren't they nurse practitioners who helped out in a very poor county?  They had a nice looking ranch home so you wonder if someone tried to rob them.

Honored Contributor

Good. I read they believed the motive was robbery but then why kill the nuns? It will be interesting to see if this man was once helped by this women at the clinic.

Honored Contributor

A very close friend of mine and my mentor was murdered in his rectory. Two teens came to the door, looking for food. He brought them in and was overpowered while making them dinner.

Another priest was stabbed to death a few weeks later - this will be 30 years ago next year.

The rectory where Father Joe was killed was closed down...later a nun opened a halfway house for men coming out of prison in the house. In a terrible twist of fate, she was robbed and stabbed to death by a man who had recent;y moved into the home. It had been renamed "Bisonette House" in honor of Father Joe.

Knowing both Joe & Sister Karen, they would both be the first to forgive their killers. They literally followed in the footsteps of Jesus. I am sure the two murdered nuns were the same - doing God's work on Earth.

Hearing about this recent tragedy brings it all back...

Honored Contributor

Back to the nuns - what a terrible loss for that community.  Motive may have been robbery but surely he knew somebody was home - there were 2 cars there.

It almost sounds personal, imo. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Back to the nuns - what a terrible loss for that community.  Motive may have been robbery but surely he knew somebody was home - there were 2 cars there.

It almost sounds personal, imo. 

Many religious give food or money to whomever comes to their door.

Thieves know this and take advantage of the situation.

He may have known them from the clinic...and in the case of my friend, didn't want to leave witnesses - especially since he was probably a repeat offender already.

Respected Contributor

Sickening!

I can even say on here what I would like to happen to him.

It would be poofed.

Respected Contributor

I saw this story on the news and it is so sad. If it is robbery then he deserves life in prison but why kill them? They did so much good in their community.