Esteemed Contributor

RAIN, Make It Stop Already !!

I know there are parts of the country having truly horrible weather (tornados, flooding etc.)

Here in NEPA the weather man said since the 1st of the year we have only had 4, yes, 4 weekends without rain.  I don't know when it has been this green. Even during the week it is 2 partly sunny days and three rainy ones.

It is raining now, again.

I wish there was a way to send all the rain to the states with drought conditions.

How is your weather?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RAIN, Make It Stop Already !!

Arizona here. Hot (a little over 100) and will stay that way (and much hotter) darn near every day until October, dry and boring. Our only hope is for some monsoon weather in a couple of months. Bring they rain our way. 

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty   I'm living in Arizona for 32 years!!  You're absolutely correct.  I completed "blackening out" my house this week to try an avoid the suffocating heat driving up my A/C cost!  Agreed.  This will last until October!

I noticed that last year (2023) we hardly had any monsoon activity at all.  I recall moving here and having very severe monsoon rains and dust storms.  We'll see what happens this year!  I'm also prepared for power outages.  We had brief 1 hr outages last year and the years before.  

Honored Contributor

First summer like day here in Chicago--mid 80s, partly cloudy, bit of a breeze and low humidity.  Delightful!

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot even entertain the idea of day after day of 100 degree or worse.. 

Yeah, I know it is a dry heat, So is my oven and I wouldn't want to preheat it to 110 degrees and sit in front of the open oven door all day, every day.

I can't tolerate high heat and humidity. 

Respected Contributor

I'm with you @CrazyKittyLvr2 . I'm in east central PA. I'm thinking it's gonna warm up a bit next week, then the rain starts again. Memorial Day week looks to be wet. BTW, good to see you back. Have been thinking of you and Petunia.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70   Hasn't it been just a miserable depressing spring?

Thank you for thinking of me and, of course, Miss Petunia a/k/a the tiny terror.  Can you believe she will be 5 in August?  She is something.

I think we may have some sun tomorrow.

Have a good weekend.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I cannot even entertain the idea of day after day of 100 degree or worse.. 

Yeah, I know it is a dry heat, So is my oven and I wouldn't want to preheat it to 110 degrees and sit in front of the open oven door all day, every day.

I can't tolerate high heat and humidity. 

Agree!  I lived in Henderson, NV near Vegas for 13 years.  Not only the heat but the intensity of the sun became unbearable.  Never got used to it.  I prefer Chicago's winters--which have not been bad at all in the 8 years I've been here--over summer in the desert!

Honored Contributor

That's how it was here last summer. We only had to water our lawn twice last year we had so much rain.

So far this year we have had enough rain per week not to water. That's going bye bye. Now we will have to pay a higher water bill.

We were going to install a Well but I'm not paying what they want if I have to pay more to put it where we want it??? They want to run plumbing for it across our front yard over The City's main water line. Not happening.

Valued Contributor

I absolutely detest rain!  April was wonderful, May has been depressing, it rains every weekend, we have a couple of sunny days, then its gray and then wet and repeat ugh!  Our pool opened today and guess what, gray and rainy, just like yesterday and tomorrow is supposed to be alll day rain.  YUK!  I'm in central NC.