Super Contributor

Re: QVC SETS CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS ARE STILL UP

Congratulations on not watching tv if that makes you feel superior to others.  You do seem to spend your fair share of time reading these boards though I see. Have a great new year.

Mint

Honored Contributor

@Mint2 wrote:

I totally agree with what you are saying here. I always felt like they couldn't wash away the holidays fast enough so that they could start selling us garden supplies. 

Happy New Year OhioMom!

Mint

The garden shows are just around the corner!  Looking forward to Cottage Farms & Phillip Watson and Roberta's & the Wallien brothers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The set hasn't been over-the-top decorated, and it looks more Winter-y right now.  Most folks around here keep their trees through New Year's.  Even the ones who don't celebrate Christmas.  It's more of a Winter ambience for some.  I personally like the subtle, non-cluttered look on the sets. Keeps my eyes focused on the actual products/items being presented.   Edited to add: In our home, we have/like the cluttered Christmas look, with decorations all around.  ............ BTW, Happy, Healthy, Safe New Year to all.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Some religions believe in the twelve days of Christmas. We never took our decorations down until January 6.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Growing up, my family kept the tree up until the first weekend of the new year. If it was like this year where New Year's day fell on a weekend then the tree came down on the Sunday of that weekend. It was always on a weekend when our tree came down because both my parents worked all week and they were too tired to think about it.

Super Contributor

Very true, I heard Carolyn say something the other day about we'll be seeing Philip Watson in a few weeks.

Mint

Respected Contributor

Alot of people leave the tree up till after the first week of January or the 6th of January.............after the Wise Men's visit to the manger..................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

With all of the Clearance shows, perhaps this will add to the sales pitches.

Weren't these decorated trees put up at the end of summer?    With all of the pre-fall Christmas shows, I could be wrong, but thought they 'went up' extra early this year.