Respected Contributor

Hi, QVC.  I saw that many on here got phone calls saying it was you calling.  A LOT picked up their phones and who knows what info went out.  Now, I do not believe companies call people out of the blue.  No.

PLEASE let people know in a post, here, if it was in fact QVC calling people.

Hackers may be targeting you and our accounts.  Please look into this.

Thank you,  I believe it is important.

Honored Contributor

"Many on here"?  Where did you see this? 

No idea what you mean ... what was the purpose of the calls?

Probably better to post a comment like this in Customer Care or Suggestion Box.  I believe QVC actually reads those comments.  

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi, QVC.  I saw that many on here got phone calls saying it was you calling.  A LOT picked up their phones and who knows what info went out.  Now, I do not believe companies call people out of the blue.  No.

PLEASE let people know in a post, here, if it was in fact QVC calling people.

Hackers may be targeting you and our accounts.  Please look into this.

Thank you,  I believe it is important.

@77yangya    QVC has been making customer satisfaction calls, not asking for information other than opinions on service.  No reason to get paranoid.  They are well aware of what they're doing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@77yangya You're confused. Q does make customer survey calls. Relax.

Honored Contributor

The OP has a point. It would be very helpful if QVC gave an explanation about the calls they make. I have read that some here on The Forum have received legitimate calls, but one never knows if a call is or isn't legit unless they get enough info to verify its veracity. 

I know I received an email to complete a survey yesterday. It will be my second survey if I complete it. Before I click on it I intend to screen shot the email and send it to the social team to verify its legitimacy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

"Many on here"?  Where did you see this? 

No idea what you mean ... what was the purpose of the calls?

Probably better to post a comment like this in Customer Care or Suggestion Box.  I believe QVC actually reads those comments.  

@Tinkrbl44  4 or 5 Posters said they received calls and of course according to the questions they knew they were from QVC. 

I guess that's a lot to the OP.

Respected Contributor

A lot of trust is good but I'll say one more thing.....if you do not pick up the call and it IS a real call from QVC they WILL leave a message.  You can call them back.

Did you never see Fraud Squad?  They preach this.  ALL major companies preach this.

If you get a call that you don't recognize and QVC NEVER called me and I've been with them over ten years, DO NOT pick up the phone.  Let voice mail screen it for you. 

AGAIN....a TRUE caller will leave a message then you can call THEM.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Honored Contributor

Some people received customer satisfaction calls.  No one asked them for any confidential or financial information.  

Respected Contributor

I am surprised they would not contact customers via email rather than calling on the phone. 

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

A lot of trust is good but I'll say one more thing.....if you do not pick up the call and it IS a real call from QVC they WILL leave a message.  You can call them back.

Did you never see Fraud Squad?  They preach this.  ALL major companies preach this.

If you get a call that you don't recognize and QVC NEVER called me and I've been with them over ten years, DO NOT pick up the phone.  Let voice mail screen it for you. 

AGAIN....a TRUE caller will leave a message then you can call THEM.

Better to be safe than sorry.

@77yangya 

Never heard of Fraud Squad, but Caller ID does most of the work for us these days.

Even if you pick up a call that seems fishy, most people know enough to not give them personal information.  Just hang up.  A little common sense goes a long way.