Valued Contributor

I rarely start a thread on this BB, but wanted to share something positive. My soon to be 22 (3/26) year old son has worked so hard in the last year. He's worked Thanksgiving day and took any and all overtime that he could. He's in the IT department of a large conglomerate of various department stores.

He has been saving money for the last year and paying all his bills on time and was able to achieve a high enough credit score to enable him to purchase his own home with a small down payment.

We had settlement yesterday and now he's in the process of getting his things moved over there during the next few weeks all while still working full time.

Just something positive I wanted to share and it warms my heart to see him doing so well for himself.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Proud and happy for my son

Congratulations to your son. You and he have every right to be proud. He is achieving his goals and that's what all parents want for their children. I hope you got him a wonderful housewarming gift... or two, or three ... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Wonderful news! That shows what a good parent you are!

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to your son! And to you, it sounds like you raised a fine young man!

Respected Contributor

It's so nice to see young men (and women) realize that hard work does pay off. Congrats to him on his new house. He must be so excited!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Contributor

Congrats, job well done, ma/mom. You taught him well.

Jerz

Honored Contributor

Congratulation to the apple of your eye!

Valued Contributor

Thanks, everyone. Yes, work hard does pay off; when he was born, he had problems learning how to talk and had something called 'dyspraxia' which meant his tongue muscle was lacking the ability to form words.

I ended up taking him to Easter Seals and getting him speech therapy and for his preschool years, he attended their classes, along with speech and OT.

He certainly has come a long way and he's done very well; things don't come easy for him, but he's always been the "energizer bunny" as his teachers called him. He never gave up and I suppose that's one of the reasons I am so proud of him.

Now, I need to work on my soon to be 20 year old. Small increments (as my flight instructor used to say to me) LOL.

Honored Contributor

He's only 22 and already a success. Good for him.

Honored Contributor

WOW!! Imagine where he will be with that same work ethic in twenty years. You raised him great, and he did a wonderful job in is own right. Congrats.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."