Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers for families of victims of Helicopter Crash Eglin AFB, FL

I just heard the same report, Hooty. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Imagine those waiting for the sea to give up their loved ones' bodies. I pray they are all recovered and given the proper burial they each so deserve. God rest them and bring comfort to their survivors.

For any who may not have heard the reports yet:

The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter was thought to have crashed in the Santa Rosa Sound somewhere within a 13-mile stretch of Santa Rosa Island that Eglin uses for training, Spaits said. The military has controlled this section beach since World War II, and it is used for test missions.

"Our main effort right now is getting our soldiers and Marines back — and taking care of our families," Curtis said. Officials arrived at the homes of affected troops in the morning to tell family members about the crash.

The Marines are part of a Camp Lejeune, N.C.-based special operations group. Both the Marines and Guardsmen were in Florida on temporary assignment.

More than 100 search personnel from multiple agencies, including the Coast Guard, converged on the area, centering on a 51-square-mile area of the Santa Rosa Sound between the barrier island and the mainland. A Coast Guard vessel overnight had recovered debris, including the downed chopper's tail rotor, officials told NBC News.

photo image.jpg1_zps7jmzaft6.jpg

Residents of Navarre Beach, Fla., had a candlelight vigil March 11, 2015, for the troops missing aboard a Black Hawk helicopter. (Photo: Kaycee Lagarde, Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal)

Honored Contributor

A hero lays here.

I was so hoping that maybe some of the Marines/Soldiers on that flight might have somehow survived, but it looks as if that's not to be.

Tragedies like this really do affect families who have members serving or have served in one of the branches of service. My son is retired Navy and DDIL a Marine. They still serve and they really feel so sad. I hope the families of those lost find comfort knowing that so many of us do care and share their sorrow. God bless all involved and God Bless the USA.

Honored Contributor

Thank you Possummink and WaJa61 for your replies!

I know exactly where this area is on Navarre Beach, been there several times!

Honored Contributor

Continuing my prayers! God Bless all those who serve our country and especially those who have given their lives. I send thanks, prayers and thoughts for the families.

Hooty, thank you for your family's service! May they remain safe.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

(((Puddles)))

Trusted Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with the Marines, soldiers, families, friends, comrades and the search teams. God Bless All.

Ever grateful for their unwavering bravery and service.

Trusted Contributor

Very tragic loss. They have now identified 9 of the 11 lost, the last I read on USA Today. I will certainly be remembering their families in my prayers.