Contributor

Re: People seem to be buying here despite the prices

I don't buy nearly as much as I did in years before.  Every once in a while there is something that I think is a little unique or different and purchase  However, never jewelry anymore.  Just the same old stuff and all the designers I liked are gone.  Happy for those who can purchase as much as they want.  Times are getting tougher and my grocery bill is only one of the things that has skyrocketed 

Honored Contributor

Don't know why there is so stuff about Alberti. His presentations are knowledgeable and there is some learning w/them. He is no different than some of the vendors.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

Prices are up everywhere, so it's not just QVC.   

I think retailers have to find the middle ground of selling things that are interesting or new, but not so far out there that 65% of the items sold are returned because they "didn't work out".

The only solution that comes to mind is to sell the "classics".   Might be a little boring, but at least you usually know what you'll be getting when the package arrives.  

Honored Contributor

I think my Alberti posting is in the wrong forum. I am sorry. Excuse my error.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear I agree with you. Years ago when buying plus size clothes was difficult, The Q really pulled through. I had some nice things from them. Prices have gone up all around although I feel like I can do better now at Macy's. and like stores. 

Respected Contributor

I pretty much only buy things here that I can't find other places, like L&L amd Diamonique. Sadly, neither are the same quality they once were. It is also fun to look at the as-is or clearance blowout items.I have found two pair of my favorite slippers as-is twice and they were perfect. 

Trusted Contributor

I DON'T. ALMOST everything QVC sells can be found ELSEWHERE for LESS.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy a little every year, but used to spend so much more.  I'm not a fan of the shipping fees so that deters me from buying many times here.  I like to hit the stores a bit more now and have found some good sale prices.  

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely buy here.  I get better prices elsewhere.  And I am talking about clothing.  Anything electronic I have to touch and see it before I get it.  So basically QVC is not my go-to place to make purchases. 

I like this forum so I come here to chat.  You are all so nice and posting makes me happy.  But I really am not interested in what is being offered.  Not enough explanation. Too much chit and chat and silly stuff and the variety of items is very poor.  It seems everytime I even try to tune in someone is trying to sell me cosmetics that remove wrinkles and I am not talking about clothing. 

Valued Contributor

I think the easy pay is an attraction for a lot of customers.