Contributor

Hi - 

I need some ideas and hope creative minds can help. My husband is turning 50. He insisted he did not want a party. I am honoring the wish.

That being said, I'm putting together a "party in a box (bag)" that will serve as the party I wanted to throw Smiley Happy

So far - I have a recording of well wishes from friends and famiy all over the country, this will serve as the"family and friends" part of the party.  I had a print made of 50 things we love about him so that will be "kind words" or something like that. There will be craft beers for "drinks" a cd/dvd of a band he loves for "music", 50 year old "decorations", 50 yr "balloons". I was thinking a desktop type game for "games" and was going to try to get a cake in there too.

What am I missing? What other things happen at a party that i can put in this bag?

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Party in a Box (bag)

[ Edited ]

At my 50th birthday party, I got dead flowers and a prune cake, among other things.

I think your non-celebratory party in a bag is a cute idea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Felixfan - What a great idea!  How about old pics of him, you, friends and or family? 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

How about memorable things that happened 50 years ago. Also what things cost, popular songs and movies Who was president etc

Honored Contributor

@Felixfan

What about some of his favorite candies, snacks or gift cards for his favorite foods or restaurants?

Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

At my 50th birthday party, I got dead flowers and a prune cake, among other things.

I think your non-celebratory party in a bag is a cute idea.

For my brother's 50th I gave him two different toys he played with as a young boy and a box of Depends underwear.   He loved playing with the toys and said he would save the drawers.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

Have everyone who gives him a gift give him 50 of something.

When I turned 60 I got a box of 60 envelopes, 50 Hershey kisses, 50 stamps.

You get the idea.

Respected Contributor

There is dancing at parties.  Do you have a picture of the two of you dancing somewhere?  Or maybe some inexpensive toy that dances.

Regular Contributor

Re: Party in a Box (bag)

[ Edited ]

I don't have more ideas to add but happy early birthday to DH! 

@Felixfan 

More posters might see the thread if your title of it was more of a question though?

Very sweet of you to do this for him!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On my 50th birthday my brothers put a sign outside on my lawn that said "HONK IF YOU THINK 50 IS REALLY OLD"  I had worked nights the night before and as I tried to sleep all day people were driving by honking.