Esteemed Contributor

The New Version of Bubble Wrap Won't Pop

Sealed Air Corp has been selling the original Bubble Wrap as a packaging material since the 1960s, but now the days of popping are coming to an end. According to the Wall Street Journal, the new version of the packing material—christened with the atrocious name iBubble Wrap— won't pop under pressure. Sorry friends.

More: http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/news/a16298/new-version-of-bubble-wrap-wont-pop/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Shhh.  Don't let the grandkids know.

Honored Contributor

Oh fabulous, who alerted the fun police to this?  I love bubble wrap . . . noooooooo!

BOO!

Respected Contributor

I love popping bubble wrap! Woman Frustrated

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

The heck with the grandkids if they are young enough that we have to shhh, they're young enough to forget.  It is the bubble popping addicted adults (ME) I'm worried about. Taking away such an innocent guilty pleasure is unconscionable  lol.

Respected Contributor

I won't stand for it!!  It's the greatest stress reliever in the world.  Smiley Sad

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor
No more popping bubble wrap, no more styrofoam, no more Oreos in the school lunch bag, no more talking politics or religion or...or...moooooooo
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oh No, Say It Ain't So

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:
No more popping bubble wrap, no more styrofoam, no more Oreos in the school lunch bag, no more talking politics or religion or...or...moooooooo

I joyously give up everything on the list EXCEPT popping bubble wrap.

Honored Contributor

The piece I heard on this said that they will still sell the regular bubble wrap.

Trusted Contributor
What!!
I won't be able to sleep tonight no snap crackle and pop. Life will never be the same!! It sooths the nerves when I feel like chicken little. Help the sky's falling. Off to rehab . Do they have one for loving to pop that stuff?