Honored Contributor

Re: Oh Darn! Phil saw his shadow.

@SilleeMee wrote:

So they say six more weeks of winter but I don't believe it. It feels like spring is much closer around here. We had spring-like weather for last few days already...heck yes I'll take it!Woman Very Happy

Do you believe Phil really saw his shadow? It's just folklore...right?

Punxsutawney Phil ALWAYS sees his shadow. You would too if you had one hundred camera lights pointing at you! Smiley LOL

Regular Contributor

Might as well celebrate the day!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeI forgot it was groundhog day!

Thanks for the reminder I like to watch the footage for GH day.Smiley Happy

The first Phil that came to my mind was Dr. Phil lol

Valued Contributor

I live in South Dakota so we'll have 6 more weeks of winter no matter if Phil sees his shadow or not.  ha!  Most years if it were only 6 more weeks from GH day, we'd be happy!

cookin

Trusted Contributor

Staten Island Chuck didn't see his shadow, so maybe an early spring in the northeast.

Fingers crossed.

Trusted Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I read this as Oh Darn!  Dr. Phil saw his shadow.  Took me a moment..... LOL!  (I'm in Florida.... don't pay attention to groundhog day!)

I don't pay attention to Dr Phil.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I am selfishly hoping for 6 more weeks of winter because the 7-day forecast here shows three days of ~85 and that's just not acceptable for February.

@ChynnaBlue  I had to wear my long underwear this morning on my dog walk it was so cold....I am ready for even 50 degrees!

Trusted Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

I live in South Dakota so we'll have 6 more weeks of winter no matter if Phil sees his shadow or not.  ha!  Most years if it were only 6 more weeks from GH day, we'd be happy!

cookin

@cookinfreak  Just had to say hi!  I'm in South Dakota too.  It's been really cold but we haven't had much snow.  I'm originally from Minnesota and I'm used to lots of snow.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I hope Phil is right because I want to see more weeks of "winter" here in Texas, it's been unseasonably warm, and I'm enjoying these last few days of temperatures in the 50's and low 60's and it's suppos to bounce back to near 80 next week---too early, and too early too soon means a long hot summer which I HATE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  It's felt like spring in NC the last few days as well...one day almost 70. Guess what? Possible snow flakes in the morning!!! ❄️