Honored Contributor

Oh Darn! Phil saw his shadow.

So they say six more weeks of winter but I don't believe it. It feels like spring is much closer around here. We had spring-like weather for last few days already...heck yes I'll take it!Woman Very Happy

Do you believe Phil really saw his shadow? It's just folklore...right?

Valued Contributor

Re: Oh Darn! Phil saw his shadow.

The weather is going  to do what it wants to do despite some groundhog nonsense.   

I hope we ease into Spring.  Last year we had some warmer temps and then it went back down into extreme cold.   My magnolia tree was just starting to release the buds.  They were frozen,  and it didn't look right all season.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read this as Oh Darn!  Dr. Phil saw his shadow.  Took me a moment..... LOL!  (I'm in Florida.... don't pay attention to groundhog day!)

Respected Contributor

Here in our part of the Midwest, we haven't really had winter. Help! I am depressed. Really. 

Honored Contributor

https://www.pinterest.com/mimimememe/i-lied-honest/

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:
https://www.pinterest.com/mimimememe/i-lied-honest/

I think so.

Honored Contributor

I am selfishly hoping for 6 more weeks of winter because the 7-day forecast here shows three days of ~85 and that's just not acceptable for February.

Respected Contributor

I think it's just a fun little ritual for people every year.  I sure hope nobody really believes that fella knows anything about spring in Ohio!  I do agree with Buckeye Chuck and Puxatawnee (sp?) Phil that we'll have 6 more weeks of winter (at least).  It's currently about 25 degrees here in NE Ohio.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I heard yesterday on a news channel,that Phil is right only 42% of the time.I feel sorry for him,being held up in the air,after just waking up...What a funny tradition!

Esteemed Contributor

Had not had any Winter yet.. so hoping for a bit of snow. Very unusual for our area.