Honored Contributor

I just gave hearts when I meant to reply, LOL I really didn't want to give hearts, anyone else ever do this, ?? Please say yes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, but they are easy to revoke. Just go to that post you hearted and click the three gray dots in the upper right. You will get an option to revoke.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

you can take away the heart if you want to.

go to the post, click on the three grey dots and there will be an option to revoke your heart.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1, you are not the first, you will not be the last. It happens! Once, I got the notice in the lower right screen that XYZ poster hearted my post, a complete surprise to me because I thought this poster would NEVER heart a post of mine. Sure enough, she must have made a mistake because it disappeared from my notifications as quickly as it had appeared.

I have hearted a couple posts in error, but just let them stand. NBD.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the solution, I've learned so much from the people on this board. Thanks again.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Oh I chant and pray outloud when I want to see WHO had the gall to heart a post. 

So scared I'll accidently heart it instead. 

Don't even want to go through the process to have to DELETE it.

I'd probably post a disclaimer:

I hearted this post in error. 

Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, indoor kitty, I have done this back when I was still learning the new boards last June or July.

My goodness, I just let the hearts stand.  Everyone can use a little "heart" once in a while. 

I give hearts to people when they've done a lovely post that I _do_ agree with, or have posted something very thoughtful.  Even if we have had disagreements in the past. Why not? 

I like the hearts option because it reminds me of how bright and nice 95% of the posters are here. Even if we might not agree with some things posted here, there is still lots that most of us do agree about.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Hi, indoor kitty, I have done this back when I was still learning the new boards last June or July.

My goodness, I just let the hearts stand.  Everyone can use a little "heart" once in a while. 

I give hearts to people when they've done a lovely post that I _do_ agree with, or have posted something very thoughtful.  Even if we have had disagreements in the past. Why not? 

I like the hearts option because it reminds me of how bright and nice 95% of the posters are here. Even if we might not agree with some things posted here, there is still lots that most of us do agree about.

@Burnsite wrote:

I get that it is no big deal, except that the heart contradicted what I said before. I just wanted to be clear, and now I've learned something.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

but aren't hearts a good thing?