Esteemed Contributor

Re: OMG! The Rolling Stones

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Real Rockers are thin.  Just like their girlfriends were. I miss those days.   

Not now, there's a lot of fatsos running around and not all are in rock bands.  

The Rock n Roll hall of fame has clothes that various artists wore, tiny tiny clothes. You're right.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@layla2450   What great concerts....lucky you!

@layla2450 wrote:

The Stones are my favorite band. I saw them in concert 2 times - the first time in Madison Square Garden with Ike and Tina Turner as the opening act. The second time was in LA - Guns and Roses was the opening act. BOTH of these concerts were FABULOUS!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - You wouldn't be the first person to confuse Steven Tyler with Mick Jagger.

Tyler has said in interviews that, after Aerosmith had some solid hits, maybe people would stop mistaking him for Mick Jagger.

I saw Aerosmith once, when they were doing a tour with KISS.  I have a friend who loved both bands, but Aerosmith in particular and I told her that, if they ever came to our small neck of the woods, I'd go with her.

Not more than a few months later a show was announced, to the utter disbelief of both of us.  I kept my word and I managed to get us great seats near the front.  (I, however, wore earplugs for the entire show!)

Occasional Contributor

Totally agree...I have been a Stones fan forever...especially Keith. And ponder this if you will... Mick Jagger (80), Keith Richards (79), and Mitch McConnell (81) are basically the same age. Who's in better shape? Keep on rockin' guys! 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia.  That's  funny, they really do look alike but Tyler has better hair.

I think the night we saw him, he was in Aspen for auditions for American Idol.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I went to many concerts in my younger days and saw them 3 times. No one does it better IMHO.

Honored Contributor

As for me I am a dedicated Stones girl.  Have been my whole life........fell in love with the band (especially Mick) at 12 years old and have never lost my affection for him!   My all time favorite song is Angie which I named my daughter.  I have seen the Stones 13 times in my life and loved it every time!   God willing, if they come around again I will be there.  

@songbird You are correct as Mick is in amazing shape and always has been a workout maniac.  You simply cannot perform like he has over the years without being in great physical shape.  He is also very intelligent and was a student at the London School of Economics.   Yes they are OLD, but they keep rockin', God love them.  They really feel the loss of Charlie Watts too and evidently there are 2 tracks on the new CD that are recordings of Charlie on the drums.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Good for them!

I’m kind of surprised at the criticism.

@bikerbabe  You must be new around here.🤪😄🤣

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Another Stones fan here. In fact they were the first group I saw in concert way back when they were new.

We saw them again about ten years ago. Some of you would be surprised at the number of young fans in attendance.

I don't care how they look; their music is timeless and enjoyed across the generations.

I would love to see them again.

Honored Contributor

Most rockers decades ago were thin or not overweight because of the drugs.

Just sayin'.🫤