Honored Contributor

I've never been a fan but they still have their energy and charisma  and that's what's important.  At this point they're kind of a novelty with the audience wondering if they'll survive to sing their next song.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They all looked old, especially Mick, when they were in their 20s.  Honestly, they don't look much different to me now, LOL!!

Respected Contributor

Saw them in concert late 80's early 90's.  They were great.  Still are.

Honored Contributor
Good for them!

I’m kind of surprised at the criticism.
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Real Rockers are thin.  Just like their girlfriends were. I miss those days.   

Not now, there's a lot of fatsos running around and not all are in rock bands.  

You're right, some of us are retired and living our best lives.  I avoid "running" nowadays, did enough of that when I was gainfully employed.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to Las Vegas since a couple of years before Covid, but I was definitely over 75 as were the women I was with.  We went to several legacy shows.  Our music and great memories for us, but the audiences were overall much younger AND THEY KNEW ALL THE WORDS!  

Earlier this year, 3 of us seniors went to the Elvis movie two weeks after it opened here.  In line as we bought tickets the 20something young man behind us said he was already seeing it for his third time.  Don't count those rockers out - wrinkles and hair are surface, music not really.

Honored Contributor

When DS was in kindergarten I walked him to the bus stop. One of our neighbors always walked his dogs and stopped to talk to us. He was - and still is- an avid concert goer. He had two extra tickets in the front rows to the Stones concert that night and offered them to me for right under $100, which almost 20 years ago was a lot! I ran home and called DH and told him he HAD to leave early. Thank goodness he was able to rearrange things! I got a babysitter- I knew her mom LOL, and we went to the concert. 

Our seats were right by the walkway that came out from the stage. Mick and Keith came out. I could have reached out and touched them! The person next to me said if you tapped Keith he would fall over, but then he's ALWAYS looked like he could! And the music! And the energy! We've never before or since been that close. Of course everyone in that section stood the entire time. We couldn't do that now, but we could back then!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Husband and I had front-row center seats for an Eric Clapton concert. It was wonderful being able to watch his hands play the classics, but we also were able to see how 'high' he was the entire evening.    

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never been a fan but they still have their energy and charisma  and that's what's important.  At this point they're kind of a novelty with the audience wondering if they'll survive to sing their next song.

@Kachina624     WHY am I laughing so hard?   'Cause it's so TRUE!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Love The Rolling Stones especially their early music.

Saw them in OKC a few years before the BOK arena was built here in Tulsa.

🕺🏼🕺🏼