Respected Contributor

I saw blurb on the news this weekend about the Stones--that they're going to release an album some time this fall.

There was a photograph of them and OH MY GOD!!! they each look older than Methuselah! Mick Jagger is just as skinny as ever and he's covering the countryside with children, left, right, and center.

I'm afraid one of the guitarists will break off a finger in the middle of a song.

Honored Contributor

Would they then be the "Petrified Stones"?

Trusted Contributor

They still know how to make music and the first single (Angry) off the new album was released and is freaking amazing.  They are all healthy and continue to be the greatest R&R group on the planet.  Sorry you don't approve of their physiques!🤣

Honored Contributor

You know what they say "Use it or lose it".  That goes for everything, even playing the guitar or drums, singing, moving.

Good on them!

Honored Contributor

Well duh.  They are old as rocks and rock goes!  But then most if not all of the great rock musicians are really old or on the other side of the grass.

I saw them 20 years ago and a friend when asked how the concert was said:  Great!  And nobody broke a hip or anything.

Blessed to be old too I am!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I saw blurb on the news this weekend about the Stones--that they're going to release an album some time this fall.

There was a photograph of them and OH MY GOD!!! they each look older than Methuselah! Mick Jagger is just as skinny as ever and he's covering the countryside with children, left, right, and center.

I'm afraid one of the guitarists will break off a finger in the middle of a song.

Yes, but this comes across as disrespect for those who are seniors.

Esteemed Contributor

Real Rockers are thin.  Just like their girlfriends were. I miss those days.   

Not now, there's a lot of fatsos running around and not all are in rock bands.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

Mick is 80 and a survivor of open heart surgery.  He can get on a stage and dance for hours.  He maintains a vigorous fitness regimine.

I'm 65 and can barely make it to the kitchen to make tea in the morning. Smiley Very Happy  

They're old and wrinkled and Keith Richards looks like death, but they're living the dream.  

Sharon Osbourne once said, "What kind of a world are we going to leave behind for Keith Richards?"  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Would they then be the "Petrified Stones"?

I think Rolling in Dough Stones! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

🙄

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director