Trusted Contributor

I really miss the element of surprise with the one time only values.  It kept me watching more.  Now I can see the one day only items online before I go to work, and if nothing interests me, I really don't watch as much.  

Anyone else notice a difference?

Valued Contributor

They got rid of OTOs. I kinda miss the days where they were only available an HOUR! They seemed to be much better deals. 

Honored Contributor

Re: ODO vs. OTO

[ Edited ]

I had text alerts for OTOs and so I still didn't watch, I just waited for an alert and ordered through my phone if it was something I wanted.

I think I like the move to the ODO. When we had OTOs, some vendors would give a heads up on social media, so I might know there would be an OTO during one of several showings or even a specific time one would be available, but if I were in a meeting at that time or having dinner with friends, then there was a chance it would sell out before I got to check in. Now they're available early and I can order or not right away.

But I haven't really had time yet to know for sure if I think they're better, worse, or the same. Ask again in 6 months or so. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I had text alerts for OTOs and so I still didn't watch, I just waited for an alert and ordered through my phone if it was something I wanted.

I think I like the move to the ODO. When we had OTOs, some vendors would give a heads up on social media, so I might know there would be an OTO during one of several showings or even a specific time one would be available, but if I were in a meeting at that time or having dinner with friends, then there was a chance it would sell out before I got to check in. Now they're available early and I can order or not right away.

But I haven't really had time yet to know for sure if I think they're better, worse, or the same. Ask again in 6 months or so. Smiley Happy

Ha!  Okay, I will!  

Valued Contributor

OTO's they used to claim were at the lowest price EVER.  For last year or so they have said OTO was the lowest price on the item for the next year.  ODO's they are saying lowest price for the next 6 months.  Then they also have "Only day at featured price," and "Event" prices that sometimes expire at the end of the day.  All different names for the same old games.  The "deals" overall are not nearly as good as they used to be.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."