Esteemed Contributor

Re: Notorious RBG is back to work !

I believe the Court is only in session 9 months of the year from the 1st Monday in Oct. to the end of June or so.  Her mind is still sharp, and the work involves sitting writing opinions and listening to cases, not manual labor why retire.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Justice Scalia was 79 when he died. He had a history of heart trouble and high blood pressure. Before he died he was deemed too weak to undergo surgery for a torn rotator cuff. The Supreme Court tends to eventually have older justices who tend to have health issues. Her health issues have been public.

I'm guessing that most people here who think RBG should retire think that for reasons other than her age and health. In threads about her latest cancer there we

I'm guessing that most people here who think RBG should retire think that for reasons other than her age and health. In threads about her latest cancer there I'm guessing that most people here who think RBG should retire think that for reasons other than her age and health. In threads about her latest cancer there were were numerous comments saying she should retire. Rather than just wishing her well. I found that to be very distasteful, guess that's just me?

It's her decision, that's the way the Court is set up.

Bingo!

I too find it distasteful and small.

Honored Contributor

I can just shake my head at the sad and petty remarks saying that there is nothing special about RBG.

It just defies human dignity and decency.

Valued Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  I was thinking maybe they would think she was Special if she had a Can of beer in one hand and a Calender in the other Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I can just shake my head at the sad and petty remarks saying that there is nothing special about RBG.

@QueenDanceALot    People are certainly entitled to have their own opinions that aren't the same as yours.  Therefore, I think your last sentence is just as bad as whatever you are thinking about those you are criticizing. You are not showing those you disagree with you human dignity nor decency.  Everyone need not have your opinion.

(And, however much I disagree with RBG about her legal opinions, I have utmost respect for her and what she has accomplished as an attorney - so I am not one of the people who disagrees with your opinion, but I do disagree with your treatment of those who don't share your opinion).  Furthermore, I'm really tired of reading on this board people being called "petty" merely for having a differing opinion.

Editing to add:  The documentary film RBG is on CNN tonight again at 9:00 p.m. ET

Respected Contributor

Agree. Let's talk about those who really do not have the mental capacity to do their jobs. Active alcoholics (with their evident broken capillaries and drink bloated faces) shouldn't be anywhere nean a gavel.

Respected Contributor

Hang in there Ruth...we need you!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@QueenDanceALot    People are certainly entitled to have their own opinions that aren't the same as yours.  Therefore, I think your last sentence is just as bad as whatever you are thinking about those you are criticizing. You are not showing those you disagree with you human dignity nor decency.  Everyone need not have your opinion.

(And, however much I disagree with RBG about her legal opinions, I have utmost respect for her and what she has accomplished as an attorney - so I am not one of the people who disagrees with your opinion, but I do disagree with your treatment of those who don't share your opinion).  Furthermore, I'm really tired of reading on this board people being called "petty" merely for having a differing opinion.

Editing to add:  The documentary film RBG is on CNN tonight again at 9:00 p.m. ET

@Pearlee   Oh, if only it were permissible to say what I was really tired of.

Honored Contributor

I certainly am glad to hear she is doing well. Putting politics aside, just be happy someone is winning their fight with cancer..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

RBG sighted surfing at Dana Point.