Respected Contributor

Re: Not enough medical equipment

Again, wretched examples of the kind of thinking that has caused so many deaths.  If everyone had learned from the New York experience we could be sitting relatively pretty today.  The wages of the ignorant.

Valued Contributor

One has to remember that New York had 32,409 deaths and CA 8,186 and the fight against covid19 continues.  The lower rate of death is a sign of more effective treatment and medication so yes lessons have been learned.  

Respected Contributor

US deaths top 1,000 for 4th day in a row.  Enuf with the what abouts.  We need decisive action. 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I do see that some have been consistent in their denial and name calling from the beginning. The blase dismissal of the death toll as it mounted is chilling. No lessons have been learned.

@Porcelain , amazing some of the responses. I see a lot of the predictions I wrote back in March on this thread from my Governor Cuomo sadly did come true.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NYC was put through the grinder by the virus; a very expensive new hospital, but treated only 79 patients. Additional medical equipment has now been shipped to other countries because there was such an excess of it. "The sky is falling" seems to work for a while, but soon people look up and see it isn't falling at all. Everyday,  research is discovering new info about this horrid virus and how it travels, grows, and impacts the body...hysteria doesn't work forever. ....I am confident we will figure it out...but it will only happen if everyone is willing to wear a mask and follow the other very simple guidelines.