Honored Contributor

Not enough medical equipment

My oh my, hospitals do not have enough, nurses and doctors  do not have supplies  in amounts ,they need.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Not enough medical equipment

@goldensrbest wrote:

My oh my, hospitals do not have enough, nurses and doctors  do not have supplies  in amounts ,they need.

@goldensrbest  Yes I know this is what we are being told - but where - so far - are people dying for lack of ventilators?  

And if ERs are being overrun (and I don't know that they are), I suspect that has more to do with the hysteria and panic of "millions are going to die and there won't be enough doctors/equipment to treat you" than actual CV cases requiring emergency treatment.

Please cite where these hospitals are that are being overrun.  I"ll wait.

Valued Contributor

Coming from someone who has terrible anxiety WITHOUT this whole virus thing going on, please try NOT to worry about something you have no control over. This is something I've been telling myself and it does alleviate some of my worries, so maybe it might help you. Hang in there. Let's not panic unless it actually comes down to that. No need to be upset about something that hasn't even happened yet and hopefully it will not!!

#hugstoall

#wewillgetthruthis

#washyourhands

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  What is your source, please?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

They're trying to get funding to produce more. 

and

That's why people are being told to stay home and limit social contact to stop the spread. 

This fear mongering is not healthy for people. 

Honored Contributor

Posts like this is what is causing people to panic and have anxiety.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think there was any way that hospitals could have been prepared for this situation....I heard on the news that in Italy a hospital ran out of the item that is used for feeding tubes, ventilators...it was something like a shut off valve,  I am not a health professional, I do not know the exact name of the item...a 3-d printer came to the rescue!!  

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Posts like this is what is causing people to panic and have anxiety.  

I agree.  This is not useful or helpful information.

Respected Contributor

For some critically-ill COVID-19 patients, mechanical ventilation can be the difference between recovery and death.

Ventilators assist or replace respiratory functions, pumping oxygen into the blood for vital organs. They are "the main supportive treatment" for patients in the critical stage of COVID-19, when the mortality rate is 61.5%, a Feb. 24 Lancet medical journal study found from a sample of 52 patients in a hospital in Wuhan.

https://fortune.com/2020/03/17/coronavirus-ventilator-shortage/ 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Again - 93 people have died - and if it was due to lack of ventilators/doctors/etc., it's certainly news to me.

22,000 to 50,000 died of flu  (over 3,000 to 7,00 per MONTH according to CDC) - not sure how many due to respiratory issues.  No panic there - hey business as usual.

We are two months in  - 93 people.  We only started massive quarantining last week.  We should have already seen the "exponential" spike before we quarantined.  I know they claim we still will.  We'll certainly see.

But creating this hysteria is just wrong.