Honored Contributor

Re: NOW MORE NEW FACTS ABOUT BABY....

On 7/7/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 7/7/2014 corita said:

I am just amazed and sad....just this week, we had TWO incidents of children left in hot cars! One was a little boy who was left by grandparents. His temp was 106 when he was taken out of the car. He is in hospital now and doing okay. The other, a little girl, who has passed away. Don 't know too much about the stories yet...everything is still being investigated! With all the information, news, media...how could this happen???

It's pretty unthinkable. For me, forgetting my child in the car would be like forgetting my arm or my foot.

But who knows what goes on in people's minds.

Well, apparently THIS guy's mind was occupied with sending pics of his privates to a half dozen women who were sending him pics of their boobs.

Some daddy, huh?

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 7/7/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:
On 7/7/2014 corita said:

I am just amazed and sad....just this week, we had TWO incidents of children left in hot cars! One was a little boy who was left by grandparents. His temp was 106 when he was taken out of the car. He is in hospital now and doing okay. The other, a little girl, who has passed away. Don 't know too much about the stories yet...everything is still being investigated! With all the information, news, media...how could this happen???

It's pretty unthinkable. For me, forgetting my child in the car would be like forgetting my arm or my foot.

But who knows what goes on in people's minds.

Well, apparently THIS guy's mind was occupied with sending pics of his privates to a half dozen women who were sending him pics of their boobs.

Some daddy, huh?

Yes, I know. I also believe this was planned.

But not every case is like that, and I was thinking about the incidents that were mentioned in corita' s post...particularly the grandparents.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

I think they should strap both parents in a hot car and let them see how it feels to bake to death. I want to understand how a parent can even have thoughts to do this deliberately to a child they created. From what I am reading and hearing it sounds like that dad knew exactly what he was doing. There are so many people who are not able to have children and would love to raise a child that parents can't handle for whatever reason.
Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Hoovermom said:

Again, it just tells me that they planned this all along. Cooper is really in a better place today. Now waiting for justice to be served.

I hate it when I hear or read that statement...........Cooper would be in a better place IF he was born to parents that loved him and valued him.........thought he hung the moon and stars........and if not with his biological parents.........then to a couple who want a child so bad they would have hung that same moon and stars to have him and be able to call him their son..........than he would have had a chance at life.......to ride that bike, graduate from school, score the winning touchdown, fallen in love and married, and watch his own children grow............he deserved that chance.....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

CORDOVA, Tenn. (AP) - A couple has been charged with child abuse and neglect for allegedly leaving their 15-month-old girl locked in a car in Shelby County while they shopped for groceries.

WMC-TV reports 28-year-old Matthew Brown and 25-year-old Brittany Zanetti left the toddler inside the car on Saturday with all the widows up and the engine turned off. The outside temperature was around 86 degrees.

Deputies found the girl's parents inside the Kroger store in Cordova and arrested them. They were each being held on $10,000 bonds. Jail records did not list attorneys for the couple.

The toddler was listed in stable condition at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis.

Officials are urging anyone who discovers a child locked in an unattended vehicle to immediately call 911.

Did we raise STUPID people? Everywhere, everyday ...... innocents suffer. Thank those that called 911 and the police that broke the window to get this child out!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Preds said:

CORDOVA, Tenn. (AP) - A couple has been charged with child abuse and neglect for allegedly leaving their 15-month-old girl locked in a car in Shelby County while they shopped for groceries.

WMC-TV reports 28-year-old Matthew Brown and 25-year-old Brittany Zanetti left the toddler inside the car on Saturday with all the widows up and the engine turned off. The outside temperature was around 86 degrees.

Deputies found the girl's parents inside the Kroger store in Cordova and arrested them. They were each being held on $10,000 bonds. Jail records did not list attorneys for the couple.

The toddler was listed in stable condition at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis.

Officials are urging anyone who discovers a child locked in an unattended vehicle to immediately call 911.

Did we raise STUPID people? Everywhere, everyday ...... innocents suffer. Thank those that called 911 and the police that broke the window to get this child out!

I've already stated this but..............IF I ever see a kid locked in a car, heat or cold.........I'll break the window and get the kid out, THEN call 911, then probably get arrested myself for punchin out the parents..........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

I just can't understand how these parents can't see a child in their back seat. This has happened more often that it should. I had to use my daughters car this weekend, my husband had mine. First thing I noticed getting in was that there was only one car seat in the back and there is usually two. She is a nanny of two little girls. She said she had to put one in the trunk because she and her friend were taking their dogs to the park to play. How can you not notice what's in you back seat when you get out. I am wondering if there is more to this story. Just so sad.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 raven-blackbird said:
On 7/7/2014 Preds said:

CORDOVA, Tenn. (AP) - A couple has been charged with child abuse and neglect for allegedly leaving their 15-month-old girl locked in a car in Shelby County while they shopped for groceries.<br /> <br /> WMC-TV reports 28-year-old Matthew Brown and 25-year-old Brittany Zanetti left the toddler inside the car on Saturday with all the widows up and the engine turned off. The outside temperature was around 86 degrees.<br /> <br /> Deputies found the girl's parents inside the Kroger store in Cordova and arrested them. They were each being held on $10,000 bonds. Jail records did not list attorneys for the couple.<br /> <br /> The toddler was listed in stable condition at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis.<br /> <br /> Officials are urging anyone who discovers a child locked in an unattended vehicle to immediately call 911.

<em>Did we raise STUPID people? Everywhere, everyday ...... innocents suffer. Thank those that called 911 and the police that broke the window to get this child out!</em>

I've already stated this but..............IF I ever see a kid locked in a car, heat or cold.........I'll break the window and get the kid out, THEN call 911, then probably get arrested myself for punchin out the parents..........................................raven

Me, too, raven! And lord help if the parents come out if I'm still there. DH would be bailing me out of jail. {#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Again, it just tells me that they planned this all along. Cooper is really in a better place today. Now waiting for justice to be served.

ITA Hoovermom, sweet little Cooper is an angel in Heaven with God to love and watch over him!

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 raven-blackbird said:

I hate it when I hear or read that statement...........Cooper would be in a better place IF he was born to parents that loved him and valued him.........thought he hung the moon and stars........and if not with his biological parents.........then to a couple who want a child so bad they would have hung that same moon and stars to have him and be able to call him their son..........than he would have had a chance at life.......to ride that bike, graduate from school, score the winning touchdown, fallen in love and married, and watch his own children grow............he deserved that chance.....................................raven

You are absolutely right, but given his life with these parents, I am glad he is in heaven. They chose to do this to him and not give him up for adoption. Yes, he deserved better but did not get any of those chances. We don't know if he had suffered at their hands before this incident. Maybe results will reveal more atrocities done to this precious child.