Honored Contributor

Re: My state is the first to make laws about vaping for kids

@cherryI do think laws will help -  they often do.

One problem I see often is that when a law doesn't totally erase a problem, those who don't like it to begin with say the law doesn't work anyway.

One example not related to vasping -  about 18 months ago, my county enacted a 5 cents bag charge -  plastic bags in supermarkets and elsewhere, even paper bags.    In thr beginning, lots of people just walked out of stores carrying their purchases in their arms or they bought bags.  This summer, a huge percentage of shoppers show up with their own bags.

No, it hasn't stopped everyone all the time, but yes, that small charge has changed the habits of many.  Gotta start somewhere!

Hope the vaping law saves a few young lungs!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate so say this, but all of the flavors have names like  cereals kids eat,  and things like that. It looks to me like they are deliberately targeting kids ,to get them hooked

It's an awful thing to say ,I guess, but I think it's true

Honored Contributor

Here are some of the most egregious, youth-oriented e-cigarette flavors we’ve found and the treats they imitate:

Banana Split

Cotton Candy

Kool-Aid

Sweet Tarts

Hawaiian Punch

Rocket Pop

Gummy Bears

Froot Loops

Skittles

Bonus: E-Juice Flavors Named After Popular Cartoon Characters

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I hate so say this, but all of the flavors have names like  cereals kids eat,  and things like that. It looks to me like they are deliberately targeting kids ,to get them hooked

It's an awful thing to say ,I guess, but I think it's true

@cherry 

You are absolutely right, they are targeting kids.

Anyone remember Joe Camel?

They made him look like a cartoon character specifically to target kids in to smoking.

Flavored tobacco is no different.

Get flavors kids like to hook kids.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I have been against vaping since the beginning.  I knew inhaling that would be dangerous.

I don't have stats or anything, but I'm guessing vaping marijauna is what a lot of people are doing.

Honored Contributor

I really don't know much about this. Is it expensive to vape?

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I have been against vaping since the beginning.  I knew inhaling that would be dangerous.

I don't have stats or anything, but I'm guessing vaping marijauna is what a lot of people are doing.

Actually, it's tobacco.

Honored Contributor

How much nicotine is in a cigarette vs vape?
On average you're inhaling about 1 mg of nicotine per tobacco cigarette. Therefore, a teaspoon of 12 mg e-liquid is equal to about 60 cigarettes. And considering the fact that smokeless cigarettes are way more efficient in comparison, it's likely that 12 mg e-liquid will “equal” more than 60 traditional cigarettes.
Honored Contributor

How much does vape juice usually cost?
The average starter vape goes for $25-$35. The average price for a 15ml bottle of e-juice goes for $12 (a 15ml bottle is about the equivalent to just over a carton of cigarettes). So for about what you pay in a week for cigarettes, you would be paying for your first week or more of vaping.Oct 12, 2016
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

How much does vape juice usually cost?
The average starter vape goes for $25-$35. The average price for a 15ml bottle of e-juice goes for $12 (a 15ml bottle is about the equivalent to just over a carton of cigarettes). So for about what you pay in a week for cigarettes, you would be paying for your first week or more of vaping.Oct 12, 2016

I'm not sure where they are buying their carton of cigarettes, but here in California, a carton of cigarettes sells for over $60.

And a carton hold ten (10) packs, and each pack holds twenty (20) cigarettes.