Esteemed Contributor

Re: My simple solution re: traffic stops...

Terrier this is O/T but what is the weather up like there today?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 4/8/2015 SydneyH said:
On 4/8/2015 terrier3 said:

That's why I think they should just issue a ticket electronically in most cases. It's just as dangerous for LE.

With the sophisticated computer programs that are now available - when they run the license, they can also check for outstanding warrants. They don't have to stop the person UNTIL they know he/she needs to be picked up - and then they can get back up. Simple minor infractions can be handled by mailing tickets, like they now do for running red lights that are equipped with cameras.

I would never pay a ticket issued electronically, this would tie up magistrates through out the country imo.

I agree with you and most people wouldn't and this is but one reason it would be a logistical nightmare.

In New York, if you don't pay outstanding tickets, the fine is doubled, then your registration and/or license is suspended.

It's not any more a logistical nightmare than if you got an expired inspection sticker ticket while your car is parked. It happens all the time.

Honored Contributor

Dark, cold, raining and clammy.

My best friend is still in FLA. It's sunny and 90 there.

Take your pick!

Esteemed Contributor

Take your pick!

Oh, that stinks. I am glad you had a good trip though. It was 86 here today, and kind of humid. You are coming up on the best part of the year in Buffalo though. They have the most glorious summers anywhere and I will be complaining how hot and humid it is. I hope you enjoy your summer, you deserve it!!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Take your pick!

Oh, that stinks. I am glad you had a good trip though. It was 86 here today, and kind of humid. You are coming up on the best part of the year in Buffalo though. They have the most glorious summers anywhere and I will be complaining how hot and humid it is. I hope you enjoy your summer, you deserve it!!!

Thanks!

I still have 12 inch piles of snow in my front yard.....can't go away too soon for me!

Honored Contributor

In New York, if you don't pay outstanding tickets, the fine is doubled, then your registration and/or license is suspended.

It's not any more a logistical nightmare than if you got an expired inspection sticker ticket while your car is parked. It happens all the time.

Tickets that are contested are not considered outstanding in my state. In the past the officer that issued the ticket was required to be in court, now they send a 'representative', if one minor detail is missing, the ticket is dismissed. Expired inspection can result in a citation, but many times you may get a written warning.

Honored Contributor

The video footage is available on the NYTimes website, that incident looks like an execution to me......

Honored Contributor

CNN won't have any car chases to show.

Honored Contributor

I see where it can be beneficial at times, and also possibly detrimental at other times.
hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 SydneyH said:

If that video footage hadn't surfaced, I suspect that officer would still be on the force.

I agree with you. The chief was backing up his story until the video surfaced.

It was his word against that of a dead man...and he "planted" the taser near the body to back up his story too.

The officer claimed self defense and that the man tried to take his taser, which was proven untrue since the taser lines were still in the man. The camera caught the officer picking up something off the ground near his feet and taking it over to the dead man and dropping it next to him. Had this video not been taken, it most certainly would have been business as usual for the officer. Cause, you know....uh, LE NEVER lies. Too bad there weren't full videos of all the other things that have been happening throughout the U.S.

By the way, somebody catch me up. What does SMH mean???