Respected Contributor

My Car Overheated on the Highway this morning !

[ Edited ]

Scary situation whew !  I took my grandson to the doctor for my daughter who was at work (from home) He's been having off and on allergy symptoms, coughing runny nose etc. He was seen in the ER a few days ago, still having symptoms so I took him to his pediatrician. He's going to be ok , allergies, kids passing stuff back and forth. School will be out soon and he will be on to the third grade. On our way back to his house, driving the highway suddenly my dashboard alerted me that the car was overheating, it started making all sorts of noises, lights blinking, the motor was runny ruff and it was losing power.  Talk about scary !!  I have a 2013 Equinox, only 91,000 miles bought new and never had anything this major happen !

We made it off the highway and as I was searching for a repair shop, hoping to find one soon, I saw a Dobbs and pulled in there.

My car is at the shop, cost $188 just to find the problem ! Boy has the diagnosis costs gone up !!

My daughter came and got us, brought me home so now I wait for the diagnosis and costs for repair, what a day. Just had to vent a little thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: My Car Overheated on the Highway this morning !

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Scary situation whew !  I took my grandson to the doctor for my daughter who was at work (from home) He's been having off and on allergy symptoms, coughing runny nose etc. He was seen in the ER a few days ago, still having symptoms so I took him to his pediatrician. He's going to be ok , allergies, kids passing stuff back and forth. School will be out soon and he will be on to the third grade. On our way back to his house, driving the highway suddenly my dashboard alerted me that the car was overheating, it started making all sorts of noises, lights blinking, the motor was runny ruff and it was losing power.  Talk about scary !!  I have a 2013 Equinoz, only 91,000 miles bought new and never had anything this major happen !

We made it off the highway and as I was searching for a repair shop, hoping to find one soon, I saw a Dobbs and pulled in there.

My car is at the shop, cost $188 just to find the problem ! Boy has the diagnosis costs gone up !!

My daughter came and got us, brought me home so now I wait for the diagnosis and costs for repair, what a day. Just had to vent a little thanks

@Goodie2shoes 

Glad you found a place to stop before the engine failed you. 

Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Glad you are all ok! I can only imagine how panicked you must have been. This is why I have AAA. They even bring you gas if you happen to run out on the road. 

Honored Contributor

What is a Dobbs please?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@  I am still oxox  wrote: What is a Dobbs please?

It's a Tire and auto repair shop. They have several shops in Mo and I thought they were a nation wide auto tire and repair business. They always advertise on TV.   

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Thank you I am in NY and never heard of them. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

What is a Dobbs please? 

I didn't know either...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

@Goodie2shoes  Glad you are all ok! I can only imagine how panicked you must have been. This is why I have AAA. They even bring you gas if you happen to run out on the road. 

Just FYI ~ I have State Farm for my insurance and coverage includes Roadside Assistance (no additional charge) and it's wonderful. My mother always had (and loved) AAA. She was a single lady like myself so this type service is invaluable.

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

@KittySoftPaws  @Goodie2shoes 

THAT is exactly why I'll never be without the AAA.  If I'm driving anywhere, if something happens, I call them to "Come and get me" and they arrive to save the day ... 24/7. 

Fabulous insurance, reasonable pricing IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

I had something similar happen a couple of years ago and it is indeed scary. Thank goodness for AAA - they had to tow my car to the dealer for repair. My radiator had a crack and the coolant had all drained out. If you need the radiator replaced, it's not cheap! The good thing is that you and your grandson are safe.