Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@60sgirl wrote:

it's interesting that this thread took twists and turns and the OP never even came back to discuss the topic. I wonder why she started it and didn't return to discuss.

I didn't see all that much in the way of snark or stereotyping save for maybe 1-2 posts. 

That would be because they were deleted or edited.

@Moonchilde

Exactly. And I don't blame the OP for not returning after reading some of those posts.

I assume that since the thread went south, there was no point. I wouldn't be super-motivated to come back to a thread that had been headed for bash-me land to see if, just in case, days later someone had gone back on topic.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Marp is a very nice person.  I've never seen her engage in conflict.

I suspect she might see walking away as the better part of valor, and good for her.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

I suspect she might see walking away as the better part of valor, and good for her.

Indeed.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Yes, this. One shouldn't "engage" every time poo is slung in their direction. Best to consider the source and whether that particular person is even worth much more than a post or two (which Marp did respond with), or whether the topic is just something passing of minor interest (as in this case) or something important to the heart of the poster. 

In addition, in the long run most people can see for themselves which posters are usually nasty, which posters are usually not, and which fall somewhere in between (most people).

One thing is sure - unrelated dive-bombing snark in the middle of a discussion stands out.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all