Respected Contributor

Are you pleased with the wallpaper that was preinstalled on your computer?

[ Edited ]

place image

This is what was on my computer and it took me months to discover where it was taken.  I'm a little disappointed that it's not from the U.S.

If you like it and want to see it and variations google

Jinshui Road in Taiwan

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you pleased with the wallpaper that was preinstalled on your computer?

i generally do not use the wallpapers that are preinstalled. i change mine regularly depending on the time of year, occasions, moods, and holidays.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

That's a cool road.  However, if it displeases, you do realize of course it can be changed.

Respected Contributor

I have spent a lot of time wondering why the folks at Hewlett Packard chose that particular picture for their preinstalled wallpaper.  I thought HP was based in the U.S. and there are so many beautiful, picturesque landscapes in our own country.  I did not change the picture though as I continue to enjoy it.  When I tire of it, it's coming down which may happen soon.  

Trusted Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I have spent a lot of time wondering why the folks at Hewlett Packard chose that particular picture for their preinstalled wallpaper.  I thought HP was based in the U.S. and there are so many beautiful, picturesque landscapes in our own country.  I did not change the picture though as I continue to enjoy it.  When I tire of it, it's coming down which may happen soon.  

You and I have the same wallpaper.

I have an HP Chromebook. I recognized your photo immediately. 

I understand what you're saying. 

My DH has an Acer Chromebook, and he has different wallpaper than I do. I was doing some maintenance for him on his Chromebook and he has a really cute nature photo up on his. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My chromebook allowed me to chose from hundreds of pictures - I took one of the earthrise over the edge of the moon. Gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@truffle wrote:

The world is a beautiful place, I like to appreciate all of it, not just where I come from. I can't even comprehend why anyone would be disappointed that a computer came with wallpaper that showed a scene from a different country. I'm not zenophobic. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@truffle wrote:

The world is a beautiful place, I like to appreciate all of it, not just where I come from. I can't even comprehend why anyone would be disappointed that a computer came with wallpaper that showed a scene from a different country. I'm not zenophobic. 

I'm not zenophobic either but thank you for improving my vocabulary as I had to look it up.  I also discovered it's spelled with an X and not a Z.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I never pay any attention to pre-installed wallpapers. I change them to my preference pretty quickly, usually a photo I took or one found on the internet that I love. I change them periodically.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Well it's not a word I've needed to use much, until today. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval