Honored Contributor

Re: Medicare Advantage commercials

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

The other totally wrong thing implied in at least one post on this thread is that there is something shady about wanting callers to supply their zip code in order to speak with a Medicare Advantage insurance person.

The simple FACTUAL reason why people need to supply their zip code is that they need to be directed to a licensed agent representing a plan valid in their specific state.

Medicare plans differ from locality to locality and state to state.  Agents must be state licensed in order to sell any type of insurance in their state---life, auto, homeowners, etc. 

Any complaints about shady dealings can be made to  state insurance commissioners (regulators).

@novamc1 

LOL .... people getting up in arms about providing their zip code makes me SMH.   It's not like they are asking for their DOB and SS number .... it's just a zip code!  

I saw something else that I found odd .... comments about the age of the spokespersons.   These people are chosen (hopefully) for their credibility and likeability for the target market ... the baby boomer generation. 

If some spokesperson came on TV to promote us looking into that product, I would much more likely pay attention if it was Barbara Streisand than Miley Cyrus. 

JMO, of course.