Honored Contributor
I noticed her eye kept tearing. She kept wiping it with a tissue.
Respected Contributor
On 1/19/2014 RoughDraft said:

I only saw them on BM's show and I too was shocked. She definitely had some work done, but I've never seen her seem so fragile before. I know she has a clenched mouth type of speaking but this was a lot more than that. I think she mentioned something about it being their twentieth wedding anniversary and Bill did say she had a fall. But there definitely was something "off" about her that night.

Both Bill and James seemed on edge every time she started to speak and Bill kept patting her hand and arm.

I noticed that too.

I hope that she is not ill.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I only saw them on BM's show and I too was shocked. She definitely had some work done, but I've never seen her seem so fragile before. I know she has a clenched mouth type of speaking but this was a lot more than that. I think she mentioned something about it being their twentieth wedding anniversary and Bill did say she had a fall. But there definitely was something "off" about her that night.

Both Bill and James seemed on edge every time she started to speak and Bill kept patting her hand and arm.

She made some weird comments to Jennifer Granholm about not needing women in leadership roles...Bill came to Jennifer's defense on that one...but everyone seemed to be walking of eggshells around Mary.

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2014 brii said: I noticed her eye kept tearing. She kept wiping it with a tissue.

That is what happened on the other shows she has been on recently.

Too much Botox? Her eyes are deformed now - like the cat lady...

Super Contributor
I saw Mary and James on one of the Sunday morning shows a few weeks ago. She was speaking in that tight-jawed way of hers, but it seemed a bit more noticeable than usual. I also thought she looked like she'd had some work done. If so, it's none of my business. I've always been a fan of both of them and congratulate them on their successful marriage. I like what she said about her husband - "Love the sinner, hate the sin." It seems a good way to explain their relationship's success in spite of their political differences.
Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2014 Lion said:

I saw Mary and James on The View last week and I was shocked.

I don't know what she's done to her face but it didn't move at all, and looked bloated. It looked bad.

Her speech wasn't normal on that show, either. Not as bad as what I'm reading here, but I noticed it was slower and slightly slurred. Definitely not normal for her.

She talked about her cats (she has many in her house) walking on the counters and James getting upset about it. She couldn't understand why, and James tried to explain the cats don't belong walking where food is prepared. I agreed with him!

So do I.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Good for you to notice Bill's sweet attention.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/19/2014 gazelle77 said: She had a ton of plastic surgery a few years back....it did not help other than to make her less ugly.

gazelle, we are STILL waiting for your photograph {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

She may have been on pain killers. Bill said she had had a fall and also had some medical issues when he introduced her. She walked very slowly and had to be helped a little to get into the chair. Her husband didn't seem to be very concerned, though. He didn't even get up. She was there, primarily to promote the book she wrote about their marriage. As for her saying strange things, I didn't find them any stranger than she always is. I know they have talked about how they handle things at home, but for the life of me, I do not know how that couple is still together. It just seems so alien.

Regular Contributor

I just googled the clip. Bad hairdo and obvious botox but some of you are really exaggerating. Her husband is the incoherent one most of the time.