Honored Contributor

Re: Mandatory / Voluntary Testing

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Why be tested if you are without symptoms?

That's what makes the COVID-19 unusual.

One can be Asymptomatic (without symptoms) and

still pass the virus to others. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't think it's necessary. Where would this country (or even the states) obtain enough test kits or have the funds to pay for test kits for everyone? Common sense hygiene during flu season should be followed for this strain as well as other strains.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

No, I don't think it's necessary. Where would this country (or even the states) obtain enough test kits or have the funds to pay for test kits for everyone? Common sense hygiene during flu season should be followed for this strain as well as other strains.

Since the government dropped the ball concerning this virus, many states have taken over and are developing their own tests. I'm willing to pay for it!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Yes, but don't put me in a large waiting room with lots of people waiting for our tests.  

It would have to be done outdoors, with plenty of fresh air.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

Fron NBC news:

Mar 02, 2020
Scramble to close, sanitize schools in the Seattle area after coronavirus deaths is a preview for th...

A growing number of schools in western Washington state and Oregon are scrambling this week to temporarily close and sanitize classrooms following the confirmation of additional cases of coronavirus and at least six deaths linked to the disease in Washington.

Health experts, however, are advising caution for school officials who must balance making safety and cleanliness a top priority at schools while being mindful not to make unnecessary closings at a time when COVID-19 is not considered a risk to the larger U.S. student population. But experts added that now is the time to prepare a contingency plan.

Respected Contributor

If 6 people have died does that mean that at least 300 people have it in that area  since they said 2% 

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I will not succumb my volition to the government.  That's Communism.  That is not what America is.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

A big YES from me, as I stated several days ago on another thread, tourist season will be starting very soon where I live. Cape Cod gets a couple of million visitors and J1 workers from all over the world.