Respected Contributor

While so many have been fretting over COVID-19, and whether to wear a mask, or not, Nashville was being ravaged by a destructive tornado. It's not usually the thing that fears us most, that gets us. This puts things in perspective.

Videos are coming in and they're awful. Many have perished. I love Nashville and the beautiful folks who dwell there.  My heart is broken for them.  

If anyone from the forum knows friends, or family there, I hope your loved ones are safe. I'm sure I'm not alone in sending prayers and well wishes.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you @BlueFinch .

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I saw some of the pictures this morning!  So very sad for them.  An F4 ravaged the little city next to me about 5 years ago.  I know first hand what this is like.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Thoughts and prayers for the folks in Nashville....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm outside Nashville proper and the tornado missed us (including family) completely. We're staying available to assist others. Some work friends are affected, so we're on call for them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting.  I tend to avoid any news broadcasting in the mornings.  I am deeply saddened by this tragedy in Nashville or anywhere for that matter.  

Honored Contributor

It's awful.  I have panic and anxiety every late March until June over tornadoes.  And hail.  I know how many people will be affected today and for the rest of their lives by storms like this.

I want to slap all the storm chasers who think it is all fun and games and exciting. 

Honored Contributor

It keeps getting worse and worse.  First I heard the death toll was 8, then 9 and now I see it's up to 19.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Nashville's tornado

[ Edited ]

Thanks @BlueFinch for bringing this to my attention.  I'm watching the news and everything is Super Tuesday and Coronavirus concerns.  Meanwhile, Tennessee has currently reported 19 dead, many missing, and horrific devastation.  I can understand your frustration.  Potentially, the virus could be a massive concern....immediately the people in Tennessee are facing critical life-threatening/altering threats.

My heart goes out to those in the Nashville.  Immediately we need to get help and support into Tennessee.  Our President currently came on the news as I'm writing this.  He mentioned that Alabama has also suffered damage.  Our country is facing major challenges on more than one front.  I appreciate the strength and resilience of our people.  My prayers go out to all who have been impacted by either of these unpredictable situations.   

Respected Contributor

I was deeply saddened to hear the news of the death and devastation in Tennessee this morning. Prayers for healing and recovery.