Honored Contributor

Re: 'Little People Big World'

@Midnight11 wrote:

Watching the show i found it interesting that it was Matt who wants the divorce and Amy was shocked and didnt seem to pleased he wanted it at least at that point in the show but as time went on she realized it was meant to be..I wish them both the very best.

I didn't understand her reaction, because for quite some time, it has been very obvious that she wanted out and was fed up with Matt. 

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Wricardos wrote:

I follow the show once in awhile.  I admire Amy teaching in the elementary schools about little people.  I knew she majored in education.  I can't imagine how Matt does as much as he does with his disabilities.  I also found Matt very controlling.  Love the boys, they help out with everything, the girl seems a bit lazy.

I though she majored in hotel management or something similar.  She talked about wanting to manage a hotel early in the show and couldn't get hired.

I believe it is a Bed & Breakfast business she has always wanted, but she was discriminated against due to her stature.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Wricardos wrote:

I follow the show once in awhile.  I admire Amy teaching in the elementary schools about little people.  I knew she majored in education.  I can't imagine how Matt does as much as he does with his disabilities.  I also found Matt very controlling.  Love the boys, they help out with everything, the girl seems a bit lazy.

I though she majored in hotel management or something similar.  She talked about wanting to manage a hotel early in the show and couldn't get hired.

I believe it is a Bed & Breakfast business she has always wanted, but she was discriminated against due to her stature.

I thought that B & B's were in your own home.  How could she be discriminated against?  Did it have to do with being licensed?  If so, that is SO wrong. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Sparky3333 wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

I went back and read the article. this happend sometime back.A lady fell and injured her leg and tried suing them for 1million dollars and  the case was dismissed as she was told she was at fault not them..

The lawsuit was dropped because they settled out of court..This article is interesting.

http://spiritswander.blogspot.com/2013/06/roloffs-reached-settlement-with-pumpkin.html

Interesting article!  I thought it was funny how the guy that wrote it kept calling the woman that was hurt as elderly.  She is 68.  Anyway, if the grounds weren't proper and safe and the Roloff's had been warned, it is a real shame.  It is too bad the county didn't stay on top of it.  The poor woman having to have 6 or 7 surgeries and possible amputation of her leg would weigh heavy on me if I was in the Roloff's shoes.  Especially, if I had been warned.  Hopefully, they have things fixed now.  They are lucky that something didn't happen before this with the number of people that go through there during pumpkin season.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Wricardos wrote:

I thought that B & B's were in your own home.  How could she be discriminated against?  Did it have to do with being licensed?  If so, that is SO wrong. 

It was my understanding that Amy wanted to work in the hotel/hospitality industry & that was where she experienced discrimination due to her size.  I don't recall her ever expressing interest in running a B&B in her home.

Respected Contributor

Their interview show last week was very

well done imho.

Theyve raised some very thoughtful mature

kids.  The youngest, Jacob wasn't there but 

not surprising to me because I always thought

he was the one who didn't much like the cameras

and limelight of the show.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

the family lives in a pig pen, their home is a horders mess.....maybe NOT a good career for Amy anyway......She is a slob.....LOL!

Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

the family lives in a pig pen, their home is a horders mess.....maybe NOT a good career for Amy anyway......She is a slob.....LOL!

It used to be a big mess, but lately it's been looking good to me.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Yeah, it's been a LOT better than it was when the kids were growing up.  Perhaps she just had different priorities.  It's not for me to judge, although I wouldn't be able to handle all the messiness.

I also enjoyed the interview show!  That was well done and informative.  I wonder if they are coming back for another season.  I didn't catch anything on that.  I've watched them since the beginning.

I know that next week's episode (season finale I believe) is a combo-episode where the Hamill family (another Little People family who live around DC, I believe - I really like them too).  The Hamills have 3 kids, first a boy who was followed by twin girls - all little people.    They are still all quite young so maybe we'll get to see them grow up like we got to see the Roloff kids grow up.

Respected Contributor

@Chickenbutt

I kind of hope it goes on, maybe not so often, but Jeremy especially wants to come back to the farm while I don't know if Audrey is too thrilled about that. Jeremy and his Dad worked well together and Matt still has the ideas.

Then there are future grand kids, so we'll see. I remember years ago when the Roloffs show started it was a mess, then they remodeled the kitchen and it got somewhat, a lot really, better

I started watching the Hamill's last year, what darling children The blonde hair is gorgeous. Cece, Cate. and Jack.

didn't they say their Dad worked for a big home improvement store?.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".