Contributor

Re: Letterman retiring next year

On 4/3/2014 ~foundinlv~ said:
On 4/3/2014 Shelbelle said:

Perhaps Craig Ferguson will be next in line for the job. Maybe even Drew Carey.

I'd be up for that!

That's an inspired choice; I'd love to see him sit at the desk.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Breaking news, really?? I couldn't care less.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Add me to the 'I couldn't care less' club!

Contributor

Thank god!!! He's gotten paid waaaaaaaaaay too much for his so-called ""humor"" all these years!!

Super Contributor

Even though I was never a Letterman fan, I do wish him well in retirement. He's earned it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 deepwaterdotter said:
On 4/3/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

I was always a fan since the 80s...remember Larry Bud Melvin?

But I do agree that during the last few years, he's become tiresome.

I remember Larry 'Bud' Melman, his deadpan delivery was hilarious. I believe he passed away a few years ago.

I enjoyed Mr. Melman.

I find Alan Kalter kind of creepy.

Valued Contributor

On 4/3/2014 BonnieBelle said:

Breaking news, really?? I couldn't care less.

I agree, but that is the best CNN can come up with. Not surprised...

Respected Contributor

Breaking news LOL {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I saw a couple name bantied about that I could handle, Drew Carey or Ellen, I think Ellen would be a great late night host.

I got bored watching Jay so I switched to David Letterman, I like David L alot, he is pretty funny really in a dry way.

I am saddened that Jimmy Fallon has brought the O admin in to almost every show he does, a big disappointment there as I loved him on SNL. Seth Meyers voice bugs me as a host, he just doesnt have a good voice for an hour long show. Loved him on SNL but cant listen to his late night show. I mostly watch the 5 or Red Eye if I am stil awake at that time.

I love that David Letterman is so in love with his son, he never seemed like the fatherly type to me but he sure loves that boy, its very sweet.

Super Contributor

I like David Letterman. In fact, I preferred him to Leno. However, I have moved on from late night talk shows opting for other choices till I get sleepy. I like Craig Ferguson, at least I used to love his honest, open monologues. But his show has regressed into something of a circus with too much of the absurd. I gave up on it. I'd like to see someone like possibly Joel McHale take the Letterman show. However, he's doing The Soup and Community, so he'd have to quit something to work it in.

Super Contributor

Stupid pet tricks, stupid human tricks, the Velcro wall, the people in the street interviews, Larry Bud, and so many more made David Letterman stand out from the crowd. Johnny Carson always wanted him to take over the Tonight show when he was gone, and wrote jokes for Letterman until he died. Carson didn't like Leno, and neither do I.

Maybe Letterman has become obsolete, but there is no question in my mind that he was more talented and innovative than Leno ever was.

Respected Contributor

David Letterman turned into a grumpy old man years ago, with his mean-spirited political attacks. Interesting how he never learned from his supposed mentor, Johnny Carson, how to be funny without alienating half of his audience.

What worries you masters you.