Re: Leah looks like a nun today...

On 9/13/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 9/13/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/13/2014 ivanatrump said:
On 9/13/2014 judgejudith said:

Okay...I am not catholic. I have seen nuns before but mostly they were in black and white habits. I thought Leah's outfit was matronly and what I thought a modern day none would wear. Just stating my opinion on her outfit. I really, really like her as a host, like to listen to her and usually like how she dresses...just not today.

I am Catholic. I think your post is insulting. Because you think Leah's outfit was matronly, you equate it to a nun's habit?

Come on now, lets be honest, A nuns habit is not the most fashionable outfit. The OP was making a statement of what she thought, I did not find it to be insulting at all.

I give your post {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You are always complaining about negative and hurtful posts. MY opinion, the OP's post is negative.

I've never seen a nun wear a black jumper and tights with a white shirt.

The Op gave her observation It was not anymore negative then the Star Trek comments.

She does not deserve to be called insulting for her comment.

People are getting so thinned skinned in our society it is almost impossible to say anything about any body with out someone being offended.

Pot/kettle.

I thought you and I agreed to disagree and stop with the name calling. I have stayed away from you can you please do the same for me?

I'm suggesting that it is ironic that you talk about people being so thin-skinned because you so often express that very same quality. Please feel free to call me on any hypocrisy I may continually exhibit.

You are more than welcome to stay away from me. But I will always post where, when, and to whom I see fit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 judgejudith said:

Okay...I am not catholic. I have seen nuns before but mostly they were in black and white habits. I thought Leah's outfit was matronly and what I thought a modern day none would wear. Just stating my opinion on her outfit. I really, really like her as a host, like to listen to her and usually like how she dresses...just not today.

I am Catholic. I think your post is insulting. Because you think Leah's outfit was matronly, you equate it to a nun's habit?

Come on now, lets be honest, A nuns habit is not the most fashionable outfit. The OP was making a statement of what she thought, I did not find it to be insulting at all.

I give your post {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You are always complaining about negative and hurtful posts. MY opinion, the OP's post is negative.

I've never seen a nun wear a black jumper and tights with a white shirt.

The Op gave her observation It was not anymore negative then the Star Trek comments.

She does not deserve to be called insulting for her comment.

People are getting so thinned skinned in our society it is almost impossible to say anything about any body with out someone being offended.

Pot/kettle.

I thought you and I agreed to disagree and stop with the name calling. I have stayed away from you can you please do the same for me?

I'm suggesting that it is ironic that you talk about people being so thin-skinned because you so often express that very same quality. Please feel free to call me on any hypocrisy I may continually exhibit.

You are more than welcome to stay away from me. But I will always post where, when, and to whom I see fit.

You can do as you please but I refuse to stoop to your level.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

Popcorn anyone?

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 jlkz said: Most nuns today wear civilian clothing and simple attire. They do not dress as clowns or anything weird. Don't denigrate nuns. The reason the habits were exchanged for regular clothing was to remove communication barriers encountered in their ministry.
Leah's choice of the longer dress or jumper with the leggings was not her best look but I suppose that she was trying to wear as many items as possible without having to change. I have known and worked with many nuns over the years and the habits or clothing that they wear serves a purpose. Catholic nuns do not choose their clothing as fashion statements so the comparison with Leah's outfit was inappropriate although I don't think it was intentional. All of the nuns that I have known have good humor once you get to know them.
Respected Contributor

One bad apple can spoil the whole bunch, sad isn't it?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 MOM of Mason said:
On 9/13/2014 jlkz said: Most nuns today wear civilian clothing and simple attire. They do not dress as clowns or anything weird. Don't denigrate nuns. The reason the habits were exchanged for regular clothing was to remove communication barriers encountered in their ministry.
Leah's choice of the longer dress or jumper with the leggings was not her best look but I suppose that she was trying to wear as many items as possible without having to change. I have known and worked with many nuns over the years and the habits or clothing that they wear serves a purpose. Catholic nuns do not choose their clothing as fashion statements so the comparison with Leah's outfit was inappropriate although I don't think it was intentional. All of the nuns that I have known have good humor once you get to know them.

Nuns do have a sense of humor and are very nice.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 MOM of Mason said:

Nuns do have a sense of humor and are very nice.

The odds are that Somewhere in the ENTIRE world there is a Nun that is not nice ....and has no sense of humor..... Don't ya think??
Honored Contributor

That's nunsense.

Respected Contributor

On 9/13/2014 brewhaha said:

That's nunsense.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

As long as Leah likes her outfit, that's all that matters.

And life's too short for conflict.

(With age comes wisdom {#emotions_dlg.biggrin})

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles