Esteemed Contributor

If you saw and heard a couple arguing...

...and the woman started hitting and kicking the man and the man was covering his head to protect himself, what...if anything...would you do?
Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

Re: If you saw and heard a couple arguing...

Probably call the police.

Honored Contributor

Try to alert an official authority in a peacekeeping/security capacity.

Super Contributor

I have seen couples one person fighting with the other or both fighting with each and as soon as somebody gets involved they're attacking you so I would just walk away. If there were blood involved I would call the police.
Respected Contributor

It depends on the location, how close "help" is, how isolated the setting. I would not set myself up to get more involved but I hope I could say something that might stop or slow her down. I think most men are capable of protecting themselves, walking or running away.

Honored Contributor

I'd call 911. NO ONE is allowed to physically assault another person.

Super Contributor

I would call the police IMMEDIATELY. Domestic violence goes on and on if everybody ignores it. Don't get yourself hurt by stepping in, call the police. But don't look the other way either. Silence = Complicity.

Honored Contributor

I would get out of their sight & hearing...and call 911.

Many times Good Samaritans end up getting attacked by BOTH members of the couple...just like both combatants often turn on the police.

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Free2be said:

It depends on the location, how close "help" is, how isolated the setting. I would not set myself up to get more involved but I hope I could say something that might stop or slow her down. I think most men are capable of protecting themselves, walking or running away.

Men can be and ARE also victims of domestic violence. It's one of the most under-reported crimes, because they are embarrassed to admit it, and because most awareness and services are targeted toward female victims.

Honored Contributor

I would call 911