Respected Contributor

Re: Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

I love sending out Christmas cards. I add a personal message to each one. I send out around 100.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just saw some beautiful Christmas cards...makes me want to start sending them again.

Any crafters out there? I have four framed botanical prints in my bathroom. At Christmas, I change the shower curtain, towels, night light and soap dispenser to the red truck theme.

I've seen versions of that red truck on Christmas cards. Without ruining my pictures, I'd like to put those cards over the prints and display them in the bathroom.

Honored Contributor

I think the big issue with sending cards, beyond the effort involved,  is the ever rising cost of postage.  It has become cost-prohibitive for many on a budget.  Much cheaper to send an e-card.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I will be honest. I am not into giving or receiving cards of any kind (holiday, birthdays, etc.), and I don't know what to do with them after I open them. I feel guilty throwing them out because they are so expensive, but I also don't want more piles of stuff to figure out how to store. People I am close to hear from me frequently, so there is no need to send a card. I guess I don't mind holiday photo cards because I can display the photo all year long.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Was it because we were trying to save trees by not sending paper cards?

If you like sending e-cards, check out Jacquie Lawson DOT com.  Just gorgeous artwork, music, and you can add your own greeting if you like.

Santa's Flight

In any event, I do like getting them, and I like sending them.  I send fewer paper cards each year, though, because most folks I know have stopped sending them.  

I keep getting free Christmas cards from a lot of the animal organizations I donate to (these are not to me, but for me to use to send to others), and have not even been able to make use of all of those yet.  Except when it comes to paper Christmas cards, I like glitter and sparkle and gorgeous art and only a few of the animal cards look like that.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal 

There are some beautiful cards out there....

I still send out Christmas cards and I narrowed my list to the people that do enjoy them and I add a personal note, nice way to keep in touch with those that live out of state....... I send out about 20, and I love receiving cards. 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Was it because we were trying to save trees by not sending paper cards?

If you like sending e-cards, check out Jacquie Lawson DOT com.  Just gorgeous artwork, music, and you can add your own greeting if you like.

Santa's Flight

In any event, I do like getting them, and I like sending them.  I send fewer paper cards each year, though, because most folks I know have stopped sending them.  

I keep getting free Christmas cards from a lot of the animal organizations I donate to (these are not to me, but for me to use to send to others), and have not even been able to make use of all of those yet.  Except when it comes to paper Christmas cards, I like glitter and sparkle and gorgeous art and only a few of the animal cards look like that.

@GingerPeach 

I just love those Jacqueline Lawson e-cards they are so unique, and clever, and like you said the artwork is beautiful.... I send the JL cards to people that NEVER check their mail boxes...Woman LOL  But I also send regular Christmas cards to those that appreciate them....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a major weakness for Christmas cards!   I have never had a problem with over-buying anything else; not clothes, shoes, handbags, or jewelry, but Christmas cards are irresistible to me.   

I have an entire drawer full of Christmas cards just waiting to be used; they are not in boxes, so I do mean an entire drawer full.   I prefer cards that you lift to open, and stick to certain designs, like wreaths, bells, holly, farm scenes, winter scenes, and churches.   Occasionally a vintage looking Santa or snowman card goes in the drawer as well.   

I’ve already addressed my 63 cards for this year, but haven’t added the notes yet.   They will be mailed on Black Friday.   

Honored Contributor

i have stopped sending christmas cards.

i have received so many cards from charitiable organizations so i have no need to buy any at all. i use them sometimes for cash, giftcards, or to attach to a hostess gift.

i prefer to call the people that i care about and hear their voices and share stories by phone or by skype. i generally take the time in between christmas and new year to sit down and do this.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I still send Christmas cards but only to people that I am not going to see during the holiday season and always with a personal note.  I display the Christmas cards I receive on my mantel as part of my decorations for the holiday.  I never send e-cards and don't like to receive them either.