Trusted Contributor

Re: Is this the norm?

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@EatWell, No? What the heck? You claim to have severe anxiety and live in a basement apartment that you never leave! How would you even know anything about this topic?

This occurred to me also.

@deepwaterdotter 

l wasn't always this way.  I watch tv.

You?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this the norm?

[ Edited ]

@EatWell wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@EatWell, No? What the heck? You claim to have severe anxiety and live in a basement apartment that you never leave! How would you even know anything about this topic?

This occurred to me also.

@deepwaterdotter 

l wasn't always this way.  I watch tv.

You?

I've always been me.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny   

DH and I are self employed and cannot imagine running our business the way some people do....

We got quotes for a job at the house....three different companies  showed up, seemed very interested and promised a quote with in days.  

One never called back, I called and tried to leave a voice mail...his mail box was full.

The 2nd one, never called back either and the third one did get us a quote, but it was quite a bit higher than we wanted to spend.  Possibly the bid from the 3rd contractor was not high but since we could not get any other bids, we had no idea if it was high or not..it is very irritating!

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny    Yes, this is true for me, because I've recently relocated and don't know who the reliable people are.  Where I lived in the past, I had a list of who the best business people were, in every field.  

Word of mouth is very important.  As I meet new neighbors, we share info and learn who to call when we need something done.