Honored Contributor
I have to wonder about it when I hear all of the desperate people on tv crying about no job and no money because their company closed due to the virus....then the ones I have dealt with who own their own businesses can’t even respond to a potential customer. Guess they are really doing so well they really don’t need new customers.
Honored Contributor
I am in WV, and this is exactly what's happening here.

COVID-19 has become the perfect excuse for many who don't want to work.

Honored Contributor

Had a guy that was supposed to come over to put down mulch. No call and no show. He was getting referrals from a guy at a company that sells bulk mulch, rock, sand, soil. This guy was extremely lucky to get a referral from the bulk supplier. The supplier doesn't install and I've never known the company to give referrals for installation. The guy working at the bulk place must have felt sorry for the installer. I haven't called the supplier back yet but I intend to.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  What gets me is people want top dollar but still fail to call, show up on time, or follow up if necessary.  I live in a fairly populated area, so companies must not care about their reputations or bad on-line reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not any problems at all.  Mostly local companies I have a relationship with.  No problems with distances or masks.

Trusted Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

That people in business don't get back to you or ignore their responsibilities?  We're pretty easy going and give people the benefit of the doubt.  But this year.....

Had a dentist appointment Monday, was told by the dentist to expect a call from her office Tuesday to schedule another appointment.  Nope, no call.

Tuesday, was to receive a telemed call that had been scheduled a month ago, and confirmed the day prior.  Nope, no call.  And to boot the same thing happened last month.  I called the office Tuesday and am stilll waiting to hear back.

Contracted to have a whole house generator installed.  Electrician was more then attentive when we and our neighbors were making our decision.  Told us the install was to be the last week of July or first week of August.  Well it hasn't happened and he has not called.  But he did go on vacation with his girlfriend per social media.

Getting bids for new windows.  Contacted three very reputable vendors.  All immediately responded and visited.  Two provided bids within 48 hours or less.  The third didn't submit a bid and didn't respond to our calls; finally replied to an email that they didn't want take on the job.

There are a couple of other incidents that also occuried.  

Geez, is it like this everywhere?  

@Allegheny 

No.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell, No? What the heck? You claim to have severe anxiety and live in a basement apartment that you never leave! How would you even know anything about this topic?

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@EatWell, No? What the heck? You claim to have severe anxiety and live in a basement apartment that you never leave! How would you even know anything about this topic?

This occurred to me also.

Esteemed Contributor

My local bank is not open except for scheduled appointments and the drive-thru.  I had an issue on a checking account I keep for a non-profit that I'm involved with.  I e-mailed the customer service rep.....no response.  About three weeks later I e-mailed the branch manager.......no response.  I eventually solved the issue myself but it irritated me enough to think about switching to another bank.  This particular bank was starting to fail in customer service before COVID 19 was even a thing.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is this the norm?

[ Edited ]

@RetRN wrote:

@RetRN 

Because I do.

You?