Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Here Part Sardinian?

Sardinia , Italy. Small villages like that are to land what Filiapolis aims to be to the sea.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  Anthony Bourdain was married to a woman from Sardinia, and they showed the island, foods they eat etc. on an episode of his show. It's very interesting. I saw the episode several years ago or so. You could probably find a clip, or maybe even the entire show online if you are even interested.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Noel7  Anthony Bourdain was married to a woman from Sardinia, and they showed the island, foods they eat etc. on an episode of his show. It's very interesting. I saw the episode several years ago or so. You could probably find a clip, or maybe even the entire show online if you are even interested.

Thank you @colliemom4 !  I am very interested and so glad you told me about it!  It's such a beautiful place from what I've seen, I'd like to see more.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4

We were able to watch what I assume was the entire show, loved it!  A lot of locals, scenery, history, and food.

For anyone interested:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x560fch

Honored Contributor

No, but I love sardines!   Seriously, I'm only guessing that the naming of sardines is related to Sardinia.  I'll have to check it out.   ........... (I haven't read any of the replies, so I could very well be 'off base'.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Noel:  What a beautiful photo.  I wish more folks in my are would/could paint their houses in varying colors much like in your photo.  'I know', some folks/neighbors wouldn't be happy about it, but I sure love those colors! 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliemom4

We were able to watch what I assume was the entire show, loved it!  A lot of locals, scenery, history, and food.

For anyone interested:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x560fch

@Noel7  I'm so glad you found it and enjoyed it!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for that information. I did not know that about Sardinia. According to dna.land, I have Sardinian genes. Not much. I guess I have to hope I got the longevity gene.

Honored Contributor

I Web searched Sardinia and ran across this site with lots of info:  World Atlas . com.   .......... Then I searched for Sardinia images and found the most beautiful variations of turquoise and blue color waters.  My gosh, what a beautiful island.  A place that I hadn't thought about until this thread.