Trusted Contributor

Re: In your purse - do you carry accessories like a cosmetic bag?

@Tinkrbl44

What a smart idea.  How come dumb me never thought of that.

O.K. one less item in my purse.  Any more 0i0des just keep them coming.

Thanks,

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

Thanks,

Jamma

@Jamma

Not sure if I was clear, but I put a small post it note on each check and jot the check number.   Then, when I write out the check, I can jot the check amount  on the note or just slap it on the store receipt and shove in my purse where I put all receipts .... to be recorded later.    

Carrying the whole checkbook in my purse always made me nervous.

Honored Contributor

A few posters mentioned that they carry Tide to go ..... how do you use it?   I've noticed it in stores, but never checked it out.  TIA

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jamma wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

Thanks,

Jamma

@Jamma

Not sure if I was clear, but I put a small post it note on each check and jot the check number.   Then, when I write out the check, I can jot the check amount  on the note or just slap it on the store receipt and shove in my purse where I put all receipts .... to be recorded later.    

Carrying the whole checkbook in my purse always made me nervous.

I knew what the post-it was for. Thanks again.

Tide to go has worked for me ---you just press it on your stain to activate it and then rub---it dries---stain is gone.  

Jamma

Honored Contributor

No purse organizer, cosmetic bag or umbrella in my purse. 

I carry my wallet, checkbook, loyalty/gift card holder thingy, mini notepad, my migraine meds, two pens, a mini hand lotion and cell phone in the body of the purse.

In the zippered compartment on the back wall I carry a Swarovski ladybug for luck, a tiny angel, very small mirror and a very small pill container.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My purse contains my wallet, keys, cell phone, tissues, pen, compact, a small pill container, and lipstick. I keep hand sanitizer and lotion in the car. I have to clean my purse out often though as I seem to collect a lot of receipts and other miscellaneous paperwork.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

I carry a cosmetics bag but there are no cosmetics in it.  I have tissues, aspirin, nail clipper, nail file, safety pins, wet wipes, Immodium, flossers, and probably more I'm not remembering.  It may seem like overkill, but whenever I use a small purse and don't put that little bag in, I'm wishing I had.  Plus, whenever someone needs something, they know where to go Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I choose my bags very carefully based a lot on the inside and outside 'pockets' and compartments. I don't like to have things inside of things inside of things, so I don't like cosmetic cases, eyeglass cases, purse organizers etc. It all just adds to the bulk, weight and congestion in the purse. 

Many Vera Bradley bags come very well equipped with plenty of pockets and pouches in/on them already, so I find no need to junk the purse up with even more containers. I like to use what is there and make it work.

I second this approach, except my bag choice is one particular Baggallini that works for me. I can switch out bags and just transfer items to the same pockets or spaces, and I always know where things are. For example, I have cell phone, brush, and tissues in one zippered compartment on the front of the bag, keys (house and car) in the second, and makeup in the third. Don't need separate pouches, which is fussy and wastes time getting to what you need and then putting it away, IMO.

I also want things like wallet and checkbook to contrast visually, to make it easier to spot them inside the bag. Matching accessories would just make my life harder, so I have a black wallet, a teal blue ID Stronghold mini wallet attached to it, and a red checkbook cover. I'm happy with this set-up, even if it's a bit inelegant.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

my friend fell, while shopping, a few weeks ago..they insisted she go to the ED, as a precaution..& during the visit a nurse saw

her "hand bag", weighed it & it weighed 22 lbs..the Dr strongly suggested that she not carry that weight of a bag anymore..

i have helped her with it before & when I ask her what is in it, she just said whatever I think I may need..$$ lesson learned!

I have used a Sak wristlet, that has plenty of slots for cards, a visual window for driver's license, a money slot, & small zippered area (for mad money), oh, it also holds my cell phone..would be lost without it! Probably need to find another one, just in case!

Esteemed Contributor

No cosmetic bag. My purse has a wallet, roll on perfume, eye glass case, a phone number/address book, a pocket calender (Yes im old school), bottles of back meds, keys, 2 cellphones (old and new). and a few things for luck my dad and grandkids gave me. And I might add it weighs a ton and I should clean out my purses more because they're heavy on my back to carry. lol. When I go to the movie I put a small bottled diet decaf soda in and goobers to snack on too. lol.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles