Honored Contributor

Re: I need advice re: tarnish

On 8/4/2014 Lila Belle said:
On 8/4/2014 Fraise said:

TarneX is instantaneous.

But over time the finish is ruined.

TarneX is for silver flatware, not jewelry.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/4/2014 kachina624 said:
On 8/4/2014 Fraise said:

TarneX is instantaneous.

Not true. They make a jewelry cleaner as well. Also, after using Tarnex the directions say to use silver polish after using Tarnex.

Trusted Contributor

My jewelry armoire is only about 4 years old, and it no longer works. I use a silver polishing cloth to shine my pieces.

I think they "slightly" overestimated the amount of time those armoires and jewelry boxes would work, lol.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

My armoire, the original, is about 8 years old and is still going strong. Do you keep your tightly closed at all times, being careful to close it tightly after removing or replacing a piece? Yes, you can buy anti-tarnish cloth by the yard at fabric store. The last time I bought it about 15 years ago, it was about $25./yd. I lined a plain wood box by making patterns of all the sides and lid out of newspaper, then cut pieces from the cloth. I glued them in place by using Elmer's glue. This was before the Q sold anti-tarnish boxes, so I made my own. It's still protecting some of my jewelry.
Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 kachina624 said:
On 8/4/2014 Fraise said:

TarneX is instantaneous.

Not true. They make a jewelry cleaner as well. Also, after using Tarnex the directions say to use silver polish after using Tarnex.

Not in a million years would I use silver polish because it's abrasive. No TarneX period. You put it on YOUR jewelry if you wish.