Super Contributor

Ladies...I have a Lorie Grenier jewelry case and it's about 10 years old. The anti-tarnish element is wearing off and my jewelry is all starting to tarnish. I don't want to replace the jewelry armoire so can anyone recommend a good tarnish remover?

TIA

Super Contributor

Re: I need advice re: tarnish

Polishing cloth is best. I like to use a cream silver polish when necessary.

You can buy fresh anti-tarnish fabric.

Make sure the box is closed tightly. It's air and humidity that contribute to tarnish.

Super Contributor

You can also put tarnished silver and silver plated items in an aluminum pan - sprinkle about a cup of baking soda over the items then boiling water to just cover the items. When the tarnish is gone remove and buff with a soft cloth. Learned this long ago from Martha Stewart and it works.

New Contributor

TarneX is instantaneous.

Super Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Cakers1 said:

You can also put tarnished silver and silver plated items in an aluminum pan - sprinkle about a cup of baking soda over the items then boiling water to just cover the items. When the tarnish is gone remove and buff with a soft cloth. Learned this long ago from Martha Stewart and it works.

I thought it was washing soda and a bit of salt.

Super Contributor

These are good suggestions if there are no stones in the pieces, if there are, you need to hand polish, to preserve the stones...
Honored Contributor

The only way I clean the ton of silver jewelry that I own is with a treated polishing cloth. A Sunshine Cloth is my favorite. I order them a dozen at a time on eBay. The other methods described above are for silver flatware, and I wouldn't think of using them on jewelry I treasure.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 8/4/2014 ivanatrump said:
On 8/4/2014 Cakers1 said:

You can also put tarnished silver and silver plated items in an <em>aluminum</em> pan - sprinkle about a cup of baking soda over the items then boiling water to just cover the items. When the tarnish is gone remove and buff with a soft cloth. Learned this long ago from Martha Stewart and it works.

I thought it was washing soda and a bit of salt.

Could be another method. And no, you wouldn't use these methods on jewelry with gemstones but I've used it on plain silver jewelry. Should have been more specific.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

You can buy anti tarnish silver cloth to line whatever you like at Amazon.com. Just put anti tarnish liner in search engine. Or..... ..http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_miscellaneous?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Tarnish+Free...
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Fraise said:

TarneX is instantaneous.

But over time the finish is ruined.