Valued Contributor

Re: I just received a 1099 for Publishers Clearing House because last year.....

@Lovingq congratulations! Did you originally buy a magazine or product from them when you entered? Decades ago, Oprah had a show of Publishers Clearing House winners and all her guests had bought a magazine or plastic food containers. Just curious, thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

SeaMaiden wrote:
I want that $5000 a week for life!!!!!!!

@SeaMaiden...And it starts already!!!...So many people that I don't even know have appeared out of nowhere and are hounding me!...LOLOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Good for you.

My sister worked with a woman who did win 5000. Per week prize. A group of retires go out to dinner 6x a year or so. This woman always picks an economy meal. At the end of the meal she always pulls out a baggie and helps herself to napkins, sugar or ketchup packs etc..

Trusted Contributor

@Moretofollow wrote:

I won $4299 from an email promotion they sent me.  Yup.  I was receiving emails to enter this contest and that contest of theirs and they all had oddball prize amounts and the one for $4299 was actually for an electronics package that was substituted with a cash payment. No kidding.  When I got the notification that I won my husband said no way it's a scam but when they overnighted the paperwork via UPS he was a believer.  I photocopied the check and it's around here somewhere....dh wants to frame it.  lol   

The moral of the story is, if I can win with such astronomical odds, you can too.  The "trick" seems to be getting on their email list which I'm no longer on.  I didn't unsubscribe but after I won they stopped sending them to me, ouch!  lol!!  Good luck all and remember who loves you baby!   Smiley Very Happy  

*why couldn't I have won the big one*  Smiley Very Happy

Good for you.  Have fun spending it, 

Jamma

Super Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

@Lovingq congratulations! Did you originally buy a magazine or product from them when you entered? Decades ago, Oprah had a show of Publishers Clearing House winners and all her guests had bought a magazine or plastic food containers. Just curious, thanks!

@IMissSuperPoke I did buy something and that started the daily emails from them which included a link for their email-only contests.  I think a lot of people who enter PCH would have bypassed most of those because the prizes were considerably lower than what PCH advertises on TV.   My win definitely was from one of those email entries.   

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am pleased for you. I would rather have cash, though

---------------

Me too!!  I have recieved emails - sometimes six a day - from Publisher's!! 

I keep thinking...okay...enough is enough!!  But then  I think..I will never win if I don't enter!!  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I am pleased for you. I would rather have cash, though

---------------

Me too!!  I have recieved emails - sometimes six a day - from Publisher's!! 

I keep thinking...okay...enough is enough!!  But then  I think..I will never win if I don't enter!!  Smiley Happy

@corita I understand completely.  The constant flood of emails was so annoying plus everytime you enter from one, it generates more.  But, I really think the odds of winning are better than from entering the big prize.  Also, all prizes are cash even though I was entering for an electronics package.   There was a phone number to answer all questions when they overnighted the paperwork via UPS and that's what I was told.  

Honored Contributor

So the whole thing is not a scam, good for you,i think i will enter.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.