Respected Contributor

I didn't know whether to laugh or get mad

I'm trying to pack on a few pounds and one thing I've availed myself of is Ensure.

This morning I asked my husband to grab me a bottle. There were about a dozen of them on the kitchen counter -- ALL THE SAME -- and he said, "Which one do you want?"

It was such a dumb answer that I really didn't know whether or laugh or get mad. He's such a smart guy and then he goes and says something dumb like that. 

In the end, I laughed. I

I've had a hellish time these last few months and he's waited on me hand and foot and hasn't complained. In fact, I'm sure he enjoys taking care of me--he's that kind of guy. So I'm not going to let a silly little remark like that get me all riled up. And it WAS funny.

BTW, if anyone wants to take me to task about this, I should add that he's both an engineer and a research scientist, which both require great attention to detail abd that's what he was doing this morning. We're coming up on our 43rd anniversary so I should be used to this but once in a while...it gets to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: I didn't know whether to laugh or get mad

Happy Anniversary

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary!!!

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Respected Contributor

Lol, my DH would have done something like that and he was very intelligent, too. Maybe your DH didn't realize they were all alike.

But, even so, I'd just take it that he was trying to give you the exact one you had your eye on. Clearly trying to please you.

If it had been me, I'd have had fun with it. Like, give me the one furthest on the left, no changed my mind, the one on the far right, while then pointing out they were all alike, Lol. I know my DH and I would have gotten a good laugh out of it. 

Super Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten

I think it's funny ,made me lol...
Imho , you both hit the jackpot!!!

Congratulations on your anniversary 👏 ❤️ 💜 ♥️

Happy 43rd Anniversary !!!! 🥰
Respected Contributor

BlueFinch...it sounds like you're widowed...? It also sounds like you had a happy marriage. I dread the idea of my DH being gone; I'll miss him a lot.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

BlueFinch...it sounds like you're widowed...? It also sounds like you had a happy marriage. I dread the idea of my DH being gone; I'll miss him a lot.

@GoneButNotForgotten Sadly, yes, and even though it's been several years, now, it's still hard. We were rarely apart. So I can totally understand why you have fears of losing your DH, too. Just focus on the present and make the best of every moment you have together. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. @BlueFinch

@GoneButNotForgotten

Y'all...are making me cry 😢...

@BlueFinch
    Sounds like you had a wonderful marriage....I'm truly sorry for your loss...he'll forever be in your heart ❤️

Gosh , you ladies...found the love of your lives ...in today's world...not sure love like that exists! 🥰

Jmho
Honored Contributor

Cute story, enjoy every minute with him.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Maybe he yanking your chain.