Esteemed Contributor

No problems here when it was AT&T U-Verse but since taken over by Frontier.....yeesh!

It's only Tuesday and already had issues this morning, no internet for awhile. Hope that's it for this week.

Esteemed Contributor

Got rid of Time Warner several months ago. Overpriced, and poor service. Switched and got the ROKU along with HULU & Netflix. Suits our needs fine and much cheaper. 

I think I heard they were just sold - can't remember to what corp. Don't think much will change where I am because they are the only game in town.

Respected Contributor

Believe me not a fan of TWC and had them 28-years and just ditched them for Direct TV and only kept my internet.

That said - outages like what happened yesterday happen.  They do not like it any more than customers do..not only does it cost them money ..often times states will open up inquiries into why something significant happened..since it disrupted a lot..including the 911 lines of many in the area.

Respected Contributor

It's a shame these companies have such a monopoly on the industry.  For that reason, It's a good thing the Comcast/Time Warner merger didn't happen a couple of years ago.  I'm glad, at least, to see other options like Roku, etc., and will use that as a bargaining point next time around.

We switched to TW because found that Verizon was horrid, so yes, there are problems all around, but so far, this is better.

BTW, I called this morning and received a full day's credit for yesterday's outage, no questions asked.  I appreciate that kind of service.

@Irshgrl32101, I learned a while ago that the pixelation occurs because TW refurbishes and installs old boxes that don't work too well.  They will make you believe all you have to do is reboot, but the box is the problem, so just bring it in to an office for exchange, or demand a new box.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

It's a shame these companies have such a monopoly on the industry.  For that reason, It's a good thing the Comcast/Time Warner merger didn't happen a couple of years ago.  I'm glad, at least, to see other options like Roku, etc., and will use that as a bargaining point next time around.

We switched to TW because found that Verizon was horrid, so yes, there are problems all around, but so far, this is better.

BTW, I called this morning and received a full day's credit for yesterday's outage, no questions asked.  I appreciate that kind of service.

@Irshgrl32101, I learned a while ago that the pixelation occurs because TW refurbishes and installs old boxes that don't work too well.  They will make you believe all you have to do is reboot, but the box is the problem, so just bring it in to an office for exchange, or demand a new box.

I called this morning too. I'm getting an $11.94 credit. She had to check if there was an outage in my area, did she not know the outage was widespread? I'm afraid those customers that don't call will not be getting a credit on their bill. 

Respected Contributor

You want to talk about hate - get HughesNet satellite.  OMG I have never hated a company so much in my life.  We only have it because it's our only option. We pay a ton of money each month for slow, unreliable internet.