Super Contributor

Re: How I Stopped Unwanted Phone Calls

[ Edited ]

I always buy Panasonic landline phones...I think they work well.  With the one I currently have I need to enter the number to block it.  I wouldn't want to block it as it was ringing in case it was a legit call.  I let calls I don't recognize go to my answering machine and then see if I need to block it.

I can also block calls at my service providers website which is what I typically do.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I gave up the landline about 4 years ago.  Didn't need it.  Before I dropped it though, I had a phone system that I could block calls by number.

My daughter has something from the phone company that makes you "announce" who you are before it rings through (you have to tell it to accept the call).  I forgot the name of it, as I had it once upon a time as well but it was years prior.

Now...if I can only get something like that for my cell phone.

*Call Tyrone*
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

This thread has a lot of good info about unwanted calls, and in light of another thread about them I thought it might be helpful to some posters who didn't see it.  

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova