Respected Contributor

Heard a host say, hey tomorrow is Presidents Day, treat yourself. Seriously. I honor Presidents Day but do you treat yourself for this holiday. I am still shaking my head and laughing.

Honored Contributor

Image result for animated laughing images

Honored Contributor

Husband and I will treat ourselves to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant!

Esteemed Contributor

Great shopping weekend - lots of great sales.

Super Contributor

Heck I'd be happy just to have the day off work.  I don't think the majority of people have the day off unless they work for their state or the federal government, a bank or the postoffice.

Mint

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

Heard a host say, hey tomorrow is Presidents Day, treat yourself. Seriously. I honor Presidents Day but do you treat yourself for this holiday. I am still shaking my head and laughing.

@luvdoodles,If we treated ourselves as often as it is suggested and it was food, we wouldn't be able to get through the doorway!

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

The only "treat" I'd have probably in honor of the holiday would be a piece of cherry pie, to honor "I cannot tell a lie" George Washington!  

http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-encyclopedia/article/cherry-tree-myth/

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@luvdoodles wrote:

The only "treat" I'd have probably in honor of the holiday would be a piece of cherry pie, to honor "I cannot tell a lie" George Washington!  

http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-encyclopedia/article/cherry-tree-myth/

Or maybe a piece of mock cherry pie...

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I think it's silly to have a Presidents Day. 

Honored Contributor

I think when we hear expressions along with seeing the speakers as we do when the hostrs and vendors talk, the power is immense.

But I also believe that every one of the inch+ of color advertisements that came with my morning paper and touted President's Day or President's Week sales was doing exactly the same thing.  It's just that print no longer carries the same power for many people.

My laugh comes from the surprise I feel when people watching a shiopping channel seem surprised they want us to spend our money.  To me, it would be strange if that didn't happen.