Valued Contributor

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A HOST ON QVC   FOR ME NO TO  MUCH PRESSURE SELLING   PLUS THE  DIFFERENT HOURS    

Respected Contributor

yes

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

It would have beat my jobs for sure. 

Honored Contributor

No way.  I don't have the required skill set, I don't have the personality for it and being a sales person isn't something I would ever want to do....regardless of the money.

Honored Contributor

It is not an easy job, lots of disadvantages.  I think the pressure to sell must be terrific.  However, I think the hosts must be very well paid because most left nice jobs to take the QVC position.  My worry would be how am I going to be effective and keep my job years down the road when I'm not so cute and bouncy.  TV favors the young and attractive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

...My worry would be how am I going to be effective and keep my job years down the road when I'm not so cute and bouncy.  TV favors the young and attractive. 

QVC seems fairly good about hanging onto to their hosts and models as they age...at least as far as my memory goes.

Trusted Contributor

I would love to be a QVC Host!!! That's my dream job. My other dream job is to be a taste tester for Ben & Jerrys....but that's another story....😉

Regular Contributor

And where is Courtney Cason ?

Esteemed Contributor

Kachina - Agreed. Remember when Leah was still quite young and received many, many negative comments on her eyelids? Yep, she had plastic surgery to eliminate the "droopy eyelid" many women naturally have. Would imagine many of the hosts have had similar procedures done to stay in front of the camera. Not a job I'd want or worth the medical risks to keep. Frankly, I'd find doing the same sell, sell, sell day after day very boring! How is that contributing to anything in the big scope of things? Just a fat paycheck? Not enough for me.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

No. As a QVC customer I have my favorite products, then there are those that I wouldn't have if I got them for free! It would be hard to sell those products as if they were the best thing since sliced bread. I couldn't fake it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.