Honored Contributor

Re: Generally speaking, how many visits do you get from others?

None. Probably once a month a neighbor will stop by but that's about it.

Respected Contributor

Very, very few. We live in a rural area, no sidewalks, etc., everyone's house is down a long driveway...so neighbors don't just "drop in". I've never even met the neighbor on one side of me or the ones across the road! We're not "on the way" to anywhere either, so friends don't drop in. Now, if someone in the neighborhood needs help, everyone will pitch in.

Honored Contributor

Probably three random drop-ins, a dinner or two out with friends, and a couple of people stop by for some specific reason, social or business.

Respected Contributor

I don't count family as a drop in.  That happens often - LOL

Respected Contributor

Wow.......Soooooo...what are you doing with all the things in your "gift closet" ?!?!?!?!?!?

That's a JOKE people!!!!!!

I'm in the "none" crowd. I keep my house clean and tidy and sometimes I ask myself...

"for what"????? 

For me. I like it this way!!!!!

I think a lot may have to do with how much NON-privacy there is today. Stores, websites,social media, phones, pester telemarketing calls ( the equivalent of nosey "cup-a-sugar" neighbors).....all weigh down on us and when we're home in our sanctuary it really makes one appreciate it!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly as many as I want, which is none. We live on a dead-end road - yay! - no through-traffic and our neighbors are all private, as well. No problem.

Honored Contributor

Reminder..............this wasn't asking about "drop in" visitors. This just is about people or number of people who might visit you in a week.

Respected Contributor

We have no visitors unless it is a planned get together, and that may be once a month.  Except for Sundays in the summer...everyone knows we'll be hanging out in the yard and BBQing and there is always at least one other person stopping by.

Honored Contributor

And what's that address?

It 's wonderful that you can entertain so many friends & family.

@ID2 wrote:

We retired and moved up to our lakefront cottage. We now live in a vacation town in upper MI so we continuously have visitors staying with us. I love it! We have guest rooms everywhere! We even totally finished a beautiful little furnished studio above our garage for guests (I call it our carriage house). We have all the kids coming up this weekend for our early Christmas and I'm thrilled that the house will be filled again! Heart

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

None.

None here either.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee