Respected Contributor

7pm ET: Futures are screaming higher for an up opening tomorrow...

DOW futures UP 278 points right now...

of course, who knows what will happen tomorrow?

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen Futures are up because regulators announced a plan to backstop all of the depositors in SVB.  From CNBC:

KEY POINTS
  • Regulators approved plans Sunday to backstop both depositors and financial institutions associated with Silicon Valley Bank.
  • Officials will unwind both SVB and Signature Bank, ensuring that depositors will have full access to their funds on Monday.
  • The Federal Reserve stepped in with a separate facility that will provide loans up to one year for institutions impacted by the bank failures.
  • “Today we are taking decisive actions to protect the U.S. economy by strengthening public confidence in our banking system,” leading regulators said in a joint statement.
Esteemed Contributor

Good thing they announced "no more bailouts" earlier this morning. But let's not call it a bailout. 🙄

Next paycheck goes to First National of Serta.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Lately I've been worried every day because my husband lost his job this week. 

Oh @GenXmuse I am so sorry to hear this. Many of us have been in this same position during economic downturns.

The good news is today there are so many jobs available. I will say a prayer that the perfect job comes his way very soon!

In the meantime head up, stay positive and know that we care.❤️

Respected Contributor

And Signature Bank of New York has been shut down by regulators   

😩😩😩😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Is anyone else worried about what th future holds? I keep watching my IRA  losing money and the company I retired from after 45 years is losing ground and I worry about what will happen with  my pension.  I'm too old now to make any of it back. I saved and saved for all this and now it's disappearing.

Ditto.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Oh @GenXmuse I am so sorry to hear this. Many of us have been in this same position during economic downturns.

The good news is today there are so many jobs available. I will say a prayer that the perfect job comes his way very soon!

In the meantime head up, stay positive and know that we care.❤️

Oh gosh, thank you so much, MM. I really appreciate that and it's such a comfort to know you're praying for us. Blessings to you. ❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse ,  that's such hard news to hear.  I'm so sorry, and hope something very good turns up for him soon.  I'll join @magicmoodz in saying a prayer for that, and for you and your husband and family to keep your spirits up during this challenging time.

Always glad when you are here with us! 

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Good thing they announced "no more bailouts" earlier this morning. But let's not call it a bailout. 🙄

Next paycheck goes to First National of Serta.

@Snowpuppy It's not a bailout for the bank but it does protect the account holders.

@GenXmuse Thinking of you and your family.  I hope that DH will find an even better opportunity.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse  - so sorry about your husband.  Sending positive vibes your way.  Take care.