Honored Contributor

This wasn't learned on the playground? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Feigned Innocence

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

So why start a passive aggressive thread about it?

@Mominohio  Yes, you are right. This thread itself is "feigned innocence"!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

In all fairness, @Marp already addressed that assumption.   She said it was not.   She's not a passive-aggressive poster, and she addresses issues and people directly.    The fact is, our reaction often is a good indicator that something hit a sensitive nerve within us...  it doesn't always mean something was directed at us.   It's a good way (at least in my experience) to gain more insight into the way we post here.  And insight into the way we act toward others, in general. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

In all fairness, @Marp already addressed that assumption.   She said it was not.   She's not a passive-aggressive poster, and she addresses issues and people directly.    The fact is, our reaction often is a good indicator that something hit a sensitive nerve within us...  it doesn't always mean something was directed at us.   It's a good way (at least in my experience) to gain more insight into the way we post here.  And insight into the way we act toward others, in general. 

Well, I'm not a believer in anonymous internet forum psychological analysis.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

My personal take is that the person may be very sorry at the moment - sorry that they were called on it, or sorry that the person they hurt/offended  is sitting right in front of them asking why, but sincere, think long and hard about it, change of behavior sorry?  

Nope.  I'm with Maya Angelou on this:

3503.jpg

“When someone shows you who they are believe them; the first time.”

I do like that quote, @Drythe, and I was (am) a huge devotee of Maya Angelou's wisdom.   Even so, I think there are cases in which we need to give people a second chance. 

I am actually not a fan of Maya but that isn't really the point of my post, lol.

I DO  like the quote but I think it is too broad to apply in every.single.situation. So I agree @dooBdoo, depending on the situation, people should be given a second chance. Not necessarily a third, fourth or fifth but a second chance at times.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Well, I'm not a believer in anonymous internet forum psychological analysis.  Sorry.

That's okay.  I guess I'm a believer in simply stating our experiences and how they might apply to a post or a discussion even if it comes across to some as psychological analysis.   And there are interesting facts out there about human behavior which do sometimes apply.  I can say I've gained a great deal of insight from reading the psychological, sociological, etc., info other posters have shared from time to time (and I hope they continue to share it).   It's all a great learning experience.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Typical personal attack by ol Pearley lol.

Valued Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

You see the person for what they are; a liar.

Yep.

Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

So why start a passive aggressive thread about it? Simply reply directly to that person. 

But here all the 'mean girls' will get away with piling on like usual because no one actually 'named' the poster they will come here to bash.

It just gets more childish here all the time.

What, exactly, do you find passive aggressive about my question and why are you bringing in posters?

Maybe I should start a "passive aggressive" thread about why so many think every post is about another poster.

People who are passive-aggressive assume others are too imo.  Makes more sense to ask a poster's reason than to assume.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Yet you're doing it yourself. You wrote the thread is "feigned innocence" and agreed with ohio's post about passive aggressive. How is that not your own version of psychological analysis?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____